Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by 7Stayed

The next day Maida woke up and found the bed empty except for herself and the sheets. She could hear water running from the ensuite shower. She turned over and looked at her bedside clock which said 7:02am. Lammond was not usually awake at such an early time as this. Maida never knew Lammond to shower for work in the morning. Actually she knew that he seldom ever showers in the morning. She got up and stretched her arms with a wide yet quiet yawn. She proceeded into the ensuite. The shower was full of steam and the sound of someone inside. One step at a time she slowly approached the shower. She could hear Lammond's movements. She put her hand on the window of the shower door. She could open the door or leave it closed. She chose to leave the shower door closed knowing that Lammond would be angry at the interruption. She left the ensuite to go to the kitchen to make breakfast.

In the kitchen Maida began making breakfast for herself and Lammond as usual. While doing this she thought about the possible reasons why Lammond would be at work for so long. The nature of his work did not require him to be at work for longer than his appointed hours even if something unexpected did happen in the company. The company always had contingency plans if ever there was a failure or in the event that something unexpected did happen. They always had plans to avoid having people work overtime. So why was Lammond at work for more hours than he needed to be? Maida couldn't prove that Lammond didn't need to be at work for as long as he had been in the past 3 months.

Maida took breakfast into the dining room and shouted to Lammond that breakfast is ready. Maida hoped that Lammond would answer her questions about why he has been at work for so long this time. She began to eat breakfast and waited for Lammond to come in. He never left for work without eating something even when he leaves for work early. Maida needed to get ready to go to work herself.

Lammond entered the room and sat down for breakfast. He started eating breakfast like a glutton. No sooner had he started chewing than he was taking the next bite. Maida knew that this wasn't right.  She remembered that in the past Lammond could take up to an hour to eat one meal, and it didn't matter what the size of the meal was, he would take his time. She noticed that this habit had disappeared during the course of the last 3 months, perhaps even longer than that. She forwardly interjected, "I need to talk to you about something". Lammond answered, "Can it wait? I have to be at work soon". Maida stated, "You don't start work until 9 o'clock. You have enough time to stay here and talk to me". He answered, "No I don't. I have to be at work for 8 again today". Maida said, "Why? Why do you have to be early for work again? You've already been early for work twice this week!". He answered, "I know, but things have just been busy". Finishing his breakfast, he stood up and said, "See ya". Then he hurried out of the room. Maida had not rushed her breakfast and had more to eat, so she continued eating breakfast. She needed to be at her workplace by 9 am but she didn't rush.

After she finished breakfast and got ready for work, she entered the living room. In plain sight, lying on the sofa sat Lammond's briefcase. She didn't have time to take it to him now, so she decided that she would take the briefcase to Lammond at lunchtime. Meanwhile she picked up the briefcase and took it to work with her.


© 2012 7Stayed


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: cheating


Author

7Stayed
7Stayed

About
I am a writer who is currently writing to improve my own skill of writing. I don't write much poetry, I write mainly books and stories. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by 7Stayed


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by 7Stayed


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by 7Stayed