What the World has Become

What the World has Become

A Poem by Katie Sevin
"

This is a short piece of poetic literature that I have written to portray my opinion and view on the world, humankind, and the impact we have on the flow and progression of the universe.

"
Let me tell you what we have done to the world. Let me tell you what is to become. First, we must look at what once was. In the very beginning, when the sky held high above the solid, unbroken earth, we held each other, as humans should. In harmony we danced with the universe, and loved as one, for every living being was a seed to the existence of all that is. We killed for hunger, not for hate. We thought for future of all, not for destruction of another for a closer look at the ecstasy of success. We made mistakes that were learned and turned into knowledge. I cannot say what struck us down, but I know that when the dark winds came, we paved its path and welcomed its destruction. Mass confusion of divine purpose replaced our oneness and understanding of what is and what must be. The world sickens as we do. Our downfall will pay tribute to our own souls if we do not remember where we came from. I believe that we have sculpted our home into hell, and it is too late to erase the marks of pain. But if we are all seeds, we must remember to plant ourselves in the lands of first creation. Bloom in the places not yet scarred. Be the change that sparks kindness, love and unity, so that we may see a sliver of hope for what was once heaven.

© 2019 Katie Sevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel this poem deep inside i see it clear good work

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019
Tags: poetry, poem, universe, purpose, paganism, witchcraft

Author

Katie Sevin
Katie Sevin

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello everyone! My name is Katie, and im 24 years old, from Arizona. I'm not going to go into a whole introduction, but I guess the most important thing to know about me, given the purpose of this si.. more..

Writing