Worry Face

Worry Face

A Story by Megan
"

Just trying to vent off some of this huge glob of crapy-ness that's stuck inside me

"
My stomach is sore with all this worry, and all these thoughts running through my head, again and again, can't be healthy. You just make me anxious with the way your head is cast down, looking at your feet, while I try and make you laugh without success. I know your troubles, and despite my lack of faith in God, I pray. I pray I don't lose you to yourself, that you gain what you need to get through this, and that things stay together so you don't fall apart. All this stress is making my antsy, making me hyper-aware of everything around me. Every noise sounds ten times louder and rings through my skull like a bell. The light is to bright and stings when I open my eyes. I guess I have a migraine. I just want all these people to stop talking. I just want you to text me and tell me you're okay and that I can stop pacing the floor. So I can stop trying to distract myself with pointless activities, like running and folding laundry. I just finished scrubbing the bathroom and my knuckles are so raw they are bleeding. I plan on tackling the living room next, vacuuming and dusting, and washing the couch cushions. I can't concentrate on my classes, my professor's voice is distant while I drum my fingers on the table waiting for your reply. I check my phone again and again getting more and more nervous as the span from my lest message I sent you to your reply stretches. Moments of peace are far and few in between while I crave your company. I just want to see your face, happy and without worry. Don't sink down there again please. Where not even my touch brought you back to this planet. Just thinking about everything that happened last time makes my heart ache. It makes it creak and moan, like the joints in my knees that have been worn down from too much abuse. I'm not going to bother to eat, because it will just end back up in the toilet later. Nothing I do will keep my mind from you and the stress. I look at my face in the mirror, eyes on the verge of tears, hopeless and distressed with just a hint of frustration. I just don't know what I'd do if I lost you. 

© 2011 Megan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is seriously an amazing piece of writing. It is something that every one of us can relate to. I certainly can relate to this. It happens very often. Waiting for the message sometimes I tend to send numerous more messages trying to find the reason why the person is not replying, and overthink every reason behind the delay, and only make matters worse by sending furthermore desperate messages. So, yes I love what you've written because of the reality of it all, you've captured it with sheer perfecttion. Thanks 4 sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this isn't about an eating disorder haha, it's about worrying for someone. It's about how I react to the stress. It's just things that I think when I'm worried or what happens to me when I get worried. Thanks for all the reviews though and each person reads it differently, so however it calls to your heart, I"m just happy it called to your heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is way too much importance put on young girls about weight instead of healthy eating habits.
It's a mind game that all girls need to learn how to play.
Debbie Cook
[email protected]


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I feel that you have written my life..I hope that this was cathartic..it was for me to read ..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is seriously an amazing piece of writing. It is something that every one of us can relate to. I certainly can relate to this. It happens very often. Waiting for the message sometimes I tend to send numerous more messages trying to find the reason why the person is not replying, and overthink every reason behind the delay, and only make matters worse by sending furthermore desperate messages. So, yes I love what you've written because of the reality of it all, you've captured it with sheer perfecttion. Thanks 4 sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bulimic? Trying to not lose her figure?

Posted 12 Years Ago


urrrmm (speechless)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011

Author

Megan
Megan

Prattville, AL



About
Well there's not too much to tell I like to keep things simple And when I write sometimes it's constructed And other times I just go off on a tangent. I like to really examine emotions I.. more..

Writing
Assumptions Assumptions

A Poem by Megan


Lemon Lemon

A Poem by Megan


January January

A Poem by Megan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..