Clairvoyance

Clairvoyance

A Poem by Adam Lain
"

Seeing Isn't always believing.

"
Can you see? 
The horizon, then the birth of a sunset
with beams of life crowning into existence over the hilltop, crying in the name of day.
The air kissing blades, bleeding dew throughout the land;
Anemone, how she whispers throughout the fields, a rumor of Spring.
Beauty is useless, so die swiftly vain deceptions,
 with every creeping thing more so dancing in the shadows proving our sight folly;
can we not be hasty with our perceptions?
Thoughts of Eden, be perfection in the view of a simpleton,
for the fruit of imagination led me elsewhere; 
at the edge of Gaea where stars lay. 

Can you not see them twinkle as they dance?

So deep, this feeling of drifting through infinity, infinitely.
The pace of the stars, dwarfs lying still as furious giants swell beyond themselves.
But you can't see these things I see, your eyes are too wide open.
Rest your curiosity of the peripheral; invite the imaginable.
Feel the veil twisting around your senses; velvet to the thoughts.
Lay still the anxiousness of tomorrow because today; today, we will see this moment.




 

© 2011 Adam Lain


Author's Note

Adam Lain
I just think that people trust their eyes too much to see the beauty in the world.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

meaning...inner beauty is yet to be discovered then!

yet, for me..umm..i would say it took me on a different level. While reading this poem, i viewed it with Adam and Eve on that hilltop and discovering the beauty of Earth...and to drag it on what you meant it to be read...they, actually, didnt know that later, much more later...what they had seen with their eyes was just mere beauty and what was invisible, was the rotting homogenous society we lived in!

anyway...this poem was a beauty!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a very beautiful and well written poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
I think this is wonderfully written, I enjoyed the universal descriptive and the message you had to give us. Very nice! Excellent delivery. I enjoyed :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


meaning...inner beauty is yet to be discovered then!

yet, for me..umm..i would say it took me on a different level. While reading this poem, i viewed it with Adam and Eve on that hilltop and discovering the beauty of Earth...and to drag it on what you meant it to be read...they, actually, didnt know that later, much more later...what they had seen with their eyes was just mere beauty and what was invisible, was the rotting homogenous society we lived in!

anyway...this poem was a beauty!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 12, 2011
Tags: prose, nature, space

Author

Adam Lain
Adam Lain

Flint, MI



About
Finally getting around to writing some brief info about me, which of course leads you to the conclusion that I'm a procrastinator. Nevertheless, I am a 20 year old Psychology student attending the Uni.. more..

Writing