Decisions and how to live with them

Decisions and how to live with them

A Chapter by Agimir
"

A thought came to mind, so I thought i would share it.

"
Have you ever looked back on a decision you've made? Leaving someone you once loved, finding a new job, making a new friend or reconnecting with an old companion? Maybe thought of doing such a thing to see how it would turn out, or just having the idea but not going through with it because you were afraid of what would happen wouldn't be what you wanted?
Of course you have. You're human, just like me.
Humanity and it's course of direction is made by a series of decisions. For the greater good or for the lesser evil, a decision always is made. Sometimes what you wanted, or more often than not, what you did not want. Some are made for you, others are made by you, and almost all of the others are made by others that effected you in some way or the other. Like a ripple in a calm pond, the decision touches everyone in a way.

People choose to fight it, to work past what has happened and hope that their actions, after the fact, can make things right again. This often times makes things much worse, hurting and affecting even more people in the ripple you created, not fixing anything in the process aside from that want to "help". But you can't help. The damage is done and you have to left time and life take it's course. you'll sit there for nights on end, thinking about ways to make things better when you know you cant, but your heart is constantly telling you to try and your brain is giving every logical reason not to because it'll make things worse, meanwhile the soul is saying he has a map and is shushed by everyone because all he has is the map. Look, you're going to make decisions that will hurt people. It's a fact of life that you will no doubt made a decision and hurt those that you care so deeply for, even if you only wanted to give them the world and love them with all you had in your heart.

You may blame yourself for those effects of the ripple you created, I know I do. I spent countless nights pondering about what I could have done differently. Sadly, by doing this we forget that there is a future in front of us, brighter than any past life we thought was the most amazing event to come into our lives. Don't look back on what you did wrong, when you can look forward unto what you can do right. You are worth more than that, I promise.


© 2017 Agimir


Author's Note

Agimir
Be honest, say what you feel, or ask me anything about it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on January 17, 2017
Tags: thoughts, feelings, decisions, mistakes, ideas, hopes, improvement, Axios


Author

Agimir
Agimir

About
Im not sure what to put here yet, as i am still trying to see what to place in my own soul more..

Writing