Flawed

Flawed

A Chapter by ABrokenDoll

I walked down the stairs slowly, counting the steps one be one. I was in no hurry to go downstairs or go to the school for that matter. I stopped at the 26th step and stared outside through the big glass window. It was quite astounding. The leaves were gently swaying in the wind and dark clouds were enveloped the morning sky, water dripped from the tree leaves. The sun was well hidden behind the cluster of clouds and I was glad for that.

I hated the sun and its light. But it is because of a far more different reason than my family. So am actually glad that we settled at forks. Forks is one rainiest places I know. Seeing the sun is pretty rare here. So considering that and me being a half vampire, you would think that I would fit the description as pale as ghost, white as sheet or something like that.

But my skin is quite tanned, not that I complain about it. I think I got it from my human side. Also I’m not astoundingly beautiful like the rest of my family at all, No not at all. My Long wavy black hair fell on my waist and it is usually tied in a messy ponytail and I have big hazel eyes like my mother. But not even these femine features would make as beautiful as the other vampires and my sister. 
I continued my steps down the stairs lost in my own insecure thoughts.

“I’m so proud of you, Renesmee. You have grown to be a perfect, beautiful, kind daughter any father could dream to have” My father’s silky voice broke me out of my thoughts as he praised my twin sister.

Of course, he would praise her. She was, like he said the most perfect daughter anyone could dream of. She looks astounding with her unusual bronze colored hair, high cheekbones and her pale skin. Her character was even more perfect than her appearance; she is unexceptionally kind, bubbly and usually a very happy girl. All the Cullen’s and everyone who has met her will adore her in an instant.

My father looked around and he noticed me standing as still with a poker face on as usual. It was a good thing that I have a mental shield like mom or else, the family would faint in shock by some of the depressing things I think about sometimes.
“Oh, Cinder. I didn’t notice you there.”

Don’t worry father I got used to it by now. I wanted to say it but I didn’t because it was not that often that I talked. Seeing me talk is even more rarer than seeing the sun in Forks. So I just nodded and I proceeded to exit out of the house.

“Um...Cinder, you are a good daughter too, you know?”

My father said awkwardly. I guess he didn’t want to feel bad for being the flawed twin. Everyone in my family is very kind and sometimes they lie to make me feel better. Though I can easily spot a lie just by looking at their faces.

Everyone in my family expect Carlisle and Esme walked out of the house with me but they went straight to the garage to take the car. I don’t drive to the school because, well to put it plainly, I don’t feel comfortable to spend 20 minutes hearing how great and wonderful their darling Renesmee is or seeing Alice pinch Neisse’s cheeks and comment how cute she was. So I had rather decided to walk, taking in the cool atmosphere of Forks. But walking has its own downs too, most of the days I go really late to classes and end up getting detentions. But anything is better is better than hearing praises about my twin because it stings me to not be as seamless as she is.

I walked through the peaceful forks, admiring the natural beauties and trying to forget the reality I lived on. If you ask me, dreams are more tolerable than reality, but not those horrible nightmares though which I usually get. And I walked on; I realized the name Cinder was exactly right for me; I’m like the ashes the coal leave behind, useless and ugly and a terrible nuisance too. I bit my lip to force back a wave of insecurity which washed over me.

Just like I thought, I was late to my class by 10 minutes. When I opened the door, the teacher looked at me angrily and gritted her teeth.
“CINDER SAYARA CULLEN!! Why are you so late?!” Ms.Edwardson’s voice boomed through the class and made my knees tremble.
I looked down at my shoes and wondered like always why everybody hated me. If it had been Renesmee or father, Ms.Edwardson would have ignored their late arrival and let them in without as much as a scolding. But nobody ever liked me; I am always an underdog of the Cullen family, a disgrace…

After shouting at me to her heart’s content, she finally let take my seat. I kept my head down and didn’t bother to look up when I felt the pity stares that my family was giving me. I listened to her class  and as soon as the bell rung, I ran out of the classroom and headed straight for the Ladies room where I tried to pull myself back together.
I wonder what’s wrong with me?



© 2014 ABrokenDoll


Author's Note

ABrokenDoll
sup? Im not a new writer, im just new to this site. So tell me your opinions bout this story. Should i continue? Do you like it? please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014


Author

ABrokenDoll
ABrokenDoll

About
Hey guys! Im a girl who just loves to write and spend time by myself! But that doesn't mean I don't know how to have fun, I also love spend my time playing sports (even though I suck at it)! Im very d.. more..

Writing
Flawed Flawed

A Book by ABrokenDoll