The Emerald Cross

The Emerald Cross

A Story by Aloysha Giane Vito
"

mystical experience and its reflections

"

The emerald green glow so perfect, so beautiful, so lustrous, like arrows of light that come from the creases of Christ's body and the edges of His cross- going all direction, piercing all the visible light that surrounds it.

That is but a small percentage of the real presence. Like the rays that come forth from the edges of the heavenly mandala that surrounds the circumference of the Monstrance, the Cross of Christ in that Chapel there in the School of Don Bosco in Calindagan, before shone. But it was a weak shine, a beckoning shine. Its shine was brilliant, though not blinding. It was not awe that struck me like an arrow, but an arrow moving slowly in flight as if its trajectory was caught in gelatin- still moving, albeit more slurred and dramatic.

It was Christ calling me unto the life of worship, unto the life of Divine Love for Him. For in your darkest hour- as I was then, filthy and tarred with the coal-stain of sin; original and venial- you hear Christ's voice the loudest as if you were one of his wounded sheep hearing his order for you to come to him and into his arms.

In the darkest, emptiest room, you hear the howls of the wolf outside ready to consume you just as clearly and loudly as you can hear the concerned voice of your friend out to call you. It is that state of loneliness and fear within that dark room wherein the cacophony, the confusion, and hardship of life is a result of the conflicting voices that beckon you to come towards them- the howl of the wolf and the call for your friend who has come to your rescue- ringing in unison. It is that pivotal time within that dark room, wherein you must clear your mind and focus on the voice of your friend who has come to your rescue and to stand up and follow his voice to him. Know how his voice sounds like, know how it feels like. spend time within the darkness to learn and separate the voice of the friend and the voice of the wolf; the voice of Christ and the voice of Satan.

Once within your own mind, you maintain and remember the pristine and sparkling voice of Christ, in which only you and your spiritual director can discern as that angelic and divine tone that leaps from Christ's throat and His alone. There and then, stand. Stand up and with your hands up in the darkness, follow His voice, follow His voice in the darkness. for he has stepped into the darkness with you, and with His light shall take you by the hand and guide you towards the light in which He came from, which light He is, which light by which's glory you were made possible, and which light you will be absorbed into.

Amen.

© 2019 Aloysha Giane Vito


Author's Note

Aloysha Giane Vito
mystical revelation, more journal log than actual literature. take into consideration psls

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is well thought out and captivating.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
1 Review
Added on October 18, 2019
Last Updated on October 18, 2019
Tags: essay, mystical, spiritual, reflections