Farewell

Farewell

A Chapter by Alex

I'd like to thank everyone for all their reviews and support of this project up to this point. I would love to continue to post chapters of this book for all of you, and hear your reactions to what I believe will be an exciting story.

However, my goal for this project is publication. To protect the integrity of my work, I will not be posting any further content. It is unfortunate, but there are many out there who would steal the unprotected, hard work of others, and websites like this - while wonderful and enabling for lovers of writing - are prime targets for such people.

My goal right now is to have my manuscript finished by the end of the year. After that, I will submit it to some publishing companies, and will even turn to self-publication if no one writes back. So for any who wish to know more, and I dearly hope anyone who's made it this far does, please forgive me for starting a story only to leave you in the dark. I expect this book to be published and ready for sale by Autumn 2016.

I would still greatly appreciate additional input. Please use this "chapter" to leave a review with your overall thoughts on this story so far. Anything you loved, anything you hated, anything you would have done differently - I want to hear it all. I will be sure to thank everyone who leaves a thoughtful review in this chapter (be it positive OR negative) in my book when it's published.

Cheers!


© 2015 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
One of my writing goals for this book is to include as little exposition as possible. I want the reader to get a vast majority of the information they need through dialogue, or through the active thoughts of the narrator. My hope is to accomplish this in an organic fashion that doesn't also leave the reader constantly back-tracking for missed information. Instead, I want the reader to be able to say "Aha! this explains that thing from earlier! And I figured it out by myself." Anytime this happened to me while reading (or even with TV and movies), it made the discovery mean so much more than if I simply had it all told to me in exposition. Being told "this is important" always felt like I was being told what I had to take away from it, which defeats the purpose, in my opinion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really enjoyed this and wish I could have read the rest of it. Unfortunately (if you get it published) I'm broke with no job, so I'll never be able to buy it. Maybe I'll find it in a library somewhere. Still loved it and I wanted to say great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Alex

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much. Unfortunately, life has a way of surprisi.. read more
MightyMouse

7 Years Ago

Hope so because I really liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2015
Last Updated on September 28, 2015


Author

Alex
Alex

Cohoes, NY



About
Though I will occasionally write a poem here or there, poetry is not something that I consider myself well versed in - no pun untended. Because of that, I will usually not review other poems, as the b.. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Poem by Alex


One - The Grotto One - The Grotto

A Chapter by Alex