Book idea

Book idea

A Story by AMLambert
"

Just a possible idea for a book I had, would like thoughts on it. thank you

"

Possible book idea

Simplistic community but with technology, e.g. simplistic living, grow own food build own buildings, everyone taught self-defence, advanced first aid, sociology, politics of the world. Useful life skills. Everyone in the community pitches in so things are done. This is not a camp or military site, the people of the community are of the belief that the only thing in life worth having is people around you who you care about, and you cannot really achieve anything in your life that would matter to the universe. So instead of getting a job you do every day for 50 years, you spend every day of those fifty years with the people you care for. They have fun and play music, sports and spend days doing fun activities as a community. They use solar power, and their own water supply. The people of the community came together and decided to try to build this place so their children and they would not waste a life doing pointless things. The community believe no law or government should be able to tell any human being with free will what to do.

When the authorities come and attempt to take the children away because they believe the community is not what it seems, the community reacts in defence and kills the people who come. This starts a standoff between the community and the outside world. A billionaire founded the community and funded it; he believed he needed to use his money to change the way the world is, at least in some small way.  When creating the community knowing this situation was inevitable, he built advanced technological defences, which stops law enforcement from immediately attacking. The resulting media attention creates a divide across the world on the subject of free will. Using their technology, they make broadcasts to tell their side of the story, and how they only want to be left in peace. They say they reacted, as any parents should when someone tries to take their child; explaining the education and life of the kids in the community, a large percentage of people start to take their side.

© 2013 AMLambert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should definately explore the concept more... It's an original idea which would make a great page turner. I agree, I'd read it too!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This sounds like it would make a great story! I would read it and I'm sure plenty of people would too!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 26, 2013
Last Updated on June 26, 2013

Author

AMLambert
AMLambert

Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom



About
New to writing, trying to get some feedback and advice more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114