Chapter 1 - Nico

Chapter 1 - Nico

A Chapter by AMLambert
"

Chapter 1 of Bakona Book One

"

Chapter 1

Nico sprung awake with his knife in hand.

Finding the room empty-save his new companion-, he relaxed.

 

Hovering in front of his face-with what Nico could swear was a look of concern-the little black bird studied him; throwing a glance towards the knife then to back to Nico.

"How did you get in here?" he asked.

The bird flew to the window circled and came back; he could have sworn he shut that window. Flying around him looking at his sweat-drenched body, the bird floated closer to his face -seemingly wanting an explanation for Nico's sudden awakening.

Growing annoyed, Nico stared at the bird with his best 'do you want to die?' stare, -he was already talking to a bird and he had no desire to start explaining his problems- then accepting Nico wasn’t going to answer; the bird flew out the open window.

 

Nico grabbed his shirt from the end of the bed- using it to wipe the sweat from his body" and went to the window. He was now certain he had shut the window last night, but he pushed that from his mind as he stared out at the city of Caia.

 

In a city filled with massive divides of wealth and power, of morals and hygiene, the market district eliminated them. Blurring the lines between rich and poor, citizens of every district entered the district daily; and like nowhere else -in Caia or indeed anywhere- they coexisted with each other.

 

 

This was due in large part to the Council Security Force, the peacekeeping arm of the council, charged with protecting and punishing the citizens of Caia.

 

Nico watched as two members of the CFS walked past his window, -look anywhere in the market district and you could always find a member of CSF-

 

"Nico, Nico down here"

Nico followed the sound of the voice to see Marco standing in the street waving his arms.

 

"I can see you Marco; wait for me at Sashka's" Nico shouted, fighting to be heard above the noise in the streets.

 

"Will do, hurry up or it all be gone" Marco said as he started walking.

 

"She'll save some for me" Nico replied to himself.

 

 



© 2013 AMLambert


Author's Note

AMLambert
first few paragraphs of chapter 1
looking for any advice or comments
would you read on

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm really intrigued! I want to know what he wants revenge for and more about his past. Even though I don't know much about Nico I already like him and I wonder what is happening to him. Great job! I cant wait to read the revised version.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Smooth and easy to read for the most part. It feels like you rushed the description of the city a little though. All in all, I would be interested in reading more

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMLambert

10 Years Ago

thanks I realised this myself and am currently revising it. will let you know when I have more thank.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013


Author

AMLambert
AMLambert

Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom



About
New to writing, trying to get some feedback and advice more..

Writing
Book idea Book idea

A Story by AMLambert