Only One Square of Mondrian Please

Only One Square of Mondrian Please

A Poem by Nia Lisa

Remember the purple lipstick and the white pearls? The vintage frocks that could be my identity. They were a lie. Or the thought of an infinite artist in the sky who could be my saviour, that was a lie too. The art-piece with the four seasonal angels and the giant unified circle of wholeness and unity. That became a lie as well. And the fragmented ideas of a JK Rowling-type-story suddenly turned ugly and boring in my mind. Little flowers were little peasants so beneath the king, and I was a fool, some middle class worker trying to rise above the class of a king. But the king I thought to be king was nowhere to be found, ever, and eventually I was just throwing my damn fist at the air. Because I wanted Knights in Shining Armour to be more than just knights, when really they could never even live up to being a knight if they tried. Friends became distant strangers living in other dimensions, and the word 'lonely' suddenly didn't exist because it became everything. And I tried to fill the vast expanses of my unending-empty with the continuous-lonely, because to forever die after this temporary life is more comfortable than an infinity in which anything could happen next. Pieces of beautiful have become so dull and ugly because I was always looking at it from above rather than from bottom-to-top-below as a grateful peasant or a grateful flower. And now I cry, cry at all the what-could-have-beens and the missed opportunities to love something, anything. 
...

One square of Mondrian will always be one square in the entire piece, nothing less and nothing more.

© 2015 Nia Lisa


Author's Note

Nia Lisa
The picture is a painting by the great Piet Mondrian.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a story teller and you have a nice way of telling them, I hope you keep creating and sharing them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nia Lisa

9 Years Ago

Thankyou! I'll try :) I guess I gotta keep exploring

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on March 30, 2015
Tags: poetry, free-write, random dribbles

Author

Nia Lisa
Nia Lisa

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Hi, I'm Nay-Yar, living in Canada, (I'm somewhere in my early twenties). I like poetry, fantasy, prose and psychology, and crazy real life stories. :) I can be inquisitive at times. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Poem by Nia Lisa


Longing Longing

A Poem by Nia Lisa