History

History

A Story by Abby:)

      History, why do teachers make it so boring in class? History is around us and always will be. It's so intesting beacuse you look at one of y our family members and they could look like someone from one of your other relatives from the 60's. Why do your friends look at you with a crazy look when you tell them that you love history. Look at history in my eyes. See, just one small detail back then can chage the way life is today. Wake up and smell the air because that same air has been around for centurys and will be for more. History, make is like a path just for exploring.

© 2011 Abby:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

And I love the line "Wake up and smell the air because that same air has been around for centuries and will be for me." I think of the sun and the moon and the stars that way, and ocassionally the air. It seems like a gift to share this universe with such interesting beings long gone. I couldn't love or relate to this piece a mite more--not a mite!
Thank you for sharing!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have an endearing passion for history; I always have and I hope I always will. I used to live in a town in England, and I'd often sit on the steps of the old town hall (about 300+ years old) and look up at the grey building before me, with the molded plaque of 1823. Just to think that I was looking at the same building a beautiful woman, or a wise old man, or a hopeful orphan once had hundreds of years before me thrilled me. I never grew tired of hearing stories of those long gone--one of my favorite shows is The Tudors, and that just goes to show how much history interests me.
I can absolutely relate to this, some of my friends look at me like I belong in a mental ward too.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011