Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Ann
"

The Move

"
"Mom! Are you kidding me? I didn't even want to move in the first place and now you want me to leave behind everything?"
"Honey, it's not everything," She mimicked quotation marks with her fingers, "It's just your horse. And anyway, Kat, Sierra's getting old. You won't be able to gallop with her." My mother brushed back a strand of hair on her face and smiled at me. In response I scowled at her. 
"Whatever." As I stormed up the stairs, I called down so she wouldn't be able to respond before I retreated to my room, "Bianca and Anna are coming over tomorrow, as a last minute saying "bye" sorta thing." And with that last sentence, I took me and my angry self to flop down on my bed. The anger sizzled inside of me, making me want to do something. I wanted to punch the wall, or run, or go on a ride with Sierra, or.. Instead.. I was crying. All that hot, burning anger? It was escaping in the form of fat, warm, salty tears that stained my white pillows. The funny part was, I relaxed. Despite the tears and the anger and just plain everything, I began to loosen up, and sank back into my pillows and sheets. And that's how I fell asleep on my last day in Arizona. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Bi! Anna!" I ran over to my two absolute best, best, best friends, them squishing me in a huge group hug. Bianca had short, layered hair that was wonderful. It was soft, and when she didn't straighten it, it was fluffy. I mean, who doesn't love fluffy hair? Her hair was dark with blonde highlights, and paired with her tan skin and dark eyes that constantly looked like they were keeping a secret, she was beautiful. And Anna was beautiful, too. She had pale skin, and bright blue eyes that looked as if they were sad, but strong. She also had wavy blonde hair that reached a little longer than her shoulders. Okay, I admit it- I always wanted Bianca's hair and Anna's eyes. Did I get what I wanted? No, I was stuck with brown hair and brown eyes. The ultimate combo. That... I didn't want. 
"Hey Kat!" Anna said, still squashing me. 
"Uhhhhhhh let gooooo I'm choking." I laughed and squirmed away, already in a good mood from just seeing them. But then, of course, a little lump formed in my throat. "I guess... I guess.. this is the last time I'm gonna see you guys?" We all frowned, and I looked away, at the ground. 
"Well.. be sure to text us a LOT!"
"Yeah, and I'll be sure to visit." I grinned at them, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in my stomach. 
"You better.." At Anna's sad yet smiling face, I felt a lump in my throat. Crap, I'm going to cry. 
"Don't worry.. I will." I wiped at my eyes, which were already growing wet and turned at the sound of my dad calling me. 
"Kat, we have to go." 
"Oh.... Okay, dad, just a minute." I could feel the hot pressure behind my eyes as I looked back at my friends. The best friends anyone could have. They were always there for me, and always forgave me no matter how badly I messed up. I was a total jerk to them sometimes and everytime.. They still supported me. I hugged them one last time, before rushing into my family's green Toyota, slipping on a pair of sunglasses so no one could see my tears. It was only later, as we were driving away, I realized I didn't get to say everything I wanted to say in those quick moments. I didn't get to say how much they meant to me, and how much I cared about them. I didn't get to say how awesome they were, or how I would miss them. But I didn't have to. That's how you know someone is your best friend, when they understand all of that without you having to utter a single word. 


© 2015 Ann


Author's Note

Ann
*Snorts* Well that ended kinda nicely. Sorry about it being short, um.. Just tips in general would be nice?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very good :) There are a few places the need commas. for example, the sentence should be "let gooo, I'm choking". but other than that, it was truly heartwarming and beautiful that she has such good friends that understand each other so well. cant wait for more :D

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015
Tags: moving, packing, annoyed at parents


Author

Ann
Ann

Buffalo, NY



About
Heyo! Ann here. Um... I'm pretty talkative, and I like reading, swimming, and singing. I'm not great at writing, at all, but I hope you guys can help with positive feedback? Thanks! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ann


Blooming Blooming

A Book by Ann