Baby Blocks: Lifestyle Advocacy

Baby Blocks: Lifestyle Advocacy

A Story by Abishai100
"

What can you do to facilitate the everyday imagination stimulation of your children? How can you use building exercises to encourage creative thinking and teamwork? What's the value of stories?

"
"I took 6-7 wooden classic baby-blocks and encouraged my child and his baby friends to make structures that resembled a bridge by forming some erect structure in the spatial gap between two tables."

"I took a row of connected baby-blocks and a column of connected baby-blocks and told my child and her child friend to rearrange the blocks to make the rows columns and the columns rows."

"I took a tower of baby-blocks and told my child and his child friend to see how long they could keep tapping and nudging and straightening the blocks of the tower before the tower fell apart."

As the skills with constructive building using baby-blocks are developed in your child's fertile imagination, he/she will appreciate learning labor and even coordination/teamwork skills while playing with other children. This of course helps your child apply constructive thinking to practical and nonviolent life activities and imaginatio. The purpose of such exercise is to apply imagination to life attitudes!

"Sandy built a tower using wooden baby-blocks her mom brought her and showed the tower to her visiting friend Tara. Sandy and Tara are only 4 years-old and developing key skills relevant to education and everyday life. Sandy and Tara marveled at their newly-built baby-blocks tower until Sandy's kitten ran by and knocked the tower down(!). Everything was now in disarray so Sandy/Tara began to weep. Sandy's mom came over and comforted the weeping kids and showed them how to rebuild the tower together...and away from the rambunctious kitten! The new tower Sandy and Tara erected was named the TROPHY and was really awesome. Sandy/Tara began the mug of ways to build/make things using everyday objects/things while avoiding the hyper kitten in Sandy's house!"

"I was so impressed with what Sandy and Tara were doing after their baby-blocks tower experience and learning to deal with the rambunctious kitten that I decided to see if they wanted to watch excerpts scenes from the Stephen King adapted scary story-movie 'Cat's Eye' (featuring a journeying curious cat who witnesses all kinds of strangeness in our bizarre world. Sandy/Tara thought the story-movie was outrageous but a tad too eerie/scary, but they nevertheless began thinking of ways to 'integrate' our kitten into their daily life activities and play. That's a sound story..."


====

© 2019 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on September 3, 2019
Last Updated on September 3, 2019
Tags: Education, Children

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing