Gianna: Soccer & Terrorism!

Gianna: Soccer & Terrorism!

A Story by Abishai100
"

A journalist reflects on the links between sports (soccer) and modern marketed politics as they relate to capitalism (and Christmas video-games!).

"
My mom suggested I didn't retire from story-writing before offering up a democratically-idealistic anti-terrorism vignette related to my love of soccer (sports), so I generated this 'mosaic' inspired by the terrorism-film Munich (Summer Olympics media).


Anyone a fan of CNN.com, because I was intrigued by the idea of a 'CNN magazine' (or is something like that already out there?)?


Merry Christmas (signing off),





====

"I noticed a TIME magazine featurette about the competitive US women's national soccer team preparing for the women's World Cup soccer tournament. The American women won their whopping 4th title, and suddenly Americans were interested in soccer, a world sport otherwise more celebrated in South America, Africa, and Europe. World Cup soccer had yielded great soccer superstars such as Maradona (Argentina), Baggio (Italy), and Pele (Brazil), but the success of the American women's team in the new era brought newfound interest in America for international soccer! I was intrigued, since I'm a photojournalist and Internet-blogger and an avid soccer fan and played in competitive youth-leagues in my past after immigrating to America from the East!"



"I attended a sports peace international journalism conference where I met a stunningly beautiful Latin-European woman named Gianna who had this ornate soccer keychain with a ball and soccer-shoe ornament attached to it. Gianna told me her father was a photojournalist and interested in sports-related terrorism since the Munich '72 massacre during the Summer Olympics. Gianna started talking to me about the value of soccer for marketing new age social awareness about sports-catalyzed global peace (e.g., Olympics traffic securities!) and anti-globalization terrorism (e.g., 9/11)."



"I decided to go home for Christmas and dress up like a 'vigilante' (promoting democracy!) and made an Internet blog about new age rhetoric about pro-globalization capitalism catalyzed peace and sports-oriented international solidarity (e.g., Olympics, World Cup). I showcased a youth-league soccer award I earned, the first one I won, when I was quite young and played on a minors' team called the Birds. As I grew up, I thought about global peace through sports (and modern televised sporting events!) and hence remembered what Gianna told me about new age democratic idealism in the media (and on the Internet)!"



"I then made another Internet blog about using media stimulation in the 21st Century to reach youngsters about the value of globalization-related rhetoric and political developments. I used a movie-still image from a Tom Cruise (Collateral) movie and paired it with yet another photo of me dressed as a 'vigilante' and talked about what kinds of imagery in the modern media affects how today's youngsters evaluate/view terrorism and cynicism. I wondered how to coordinate all the media influences/stimuli into a cohesive sports-peace ideology presentation!"



"I thought about some new age Japanese anime and cartoon-movies featuring colorful avatars and storyboards about 'advanced societies' trying to negotiate peace and solidarity in arenas filled with terror, crime, war, and rape! These new age stories, mostly marketed to youth, seemed to indicate a modern global curiosity about anti-globalization events such as 9/11 and Munich '72. I wondered how today's youngsters got 'excited' about these modern cartoons."



"I met yet another blog about media-celebrity and Hollywood superstar Leo DiCaprio and his work with eco-activism, and I paired a photo of his with yet another photo of me dressed as a 'vigilante' and talked about what today's movie-stars thought about free-speech and censorship/pornography intrigue and controversy in this era of more 'graphic' films such as Fight Club and Boogie Nights! I wondered if Leo thought about the weight of celebrities becoming media 'diplomats' and even role models. I wondered if Leo had become a fan of world soccer after the recent successes of the US women's national soccer team at the World Cup tournament!"



"Finally, I decided to attend a Fox movie-premier about an American terrorist named Richard Jewell where I met a gorgeous American actress named Jennifer who shared my newfound passion for US soccer! I told Jennifer I was quite a skillful soccer player and interested in peace-related sports journalism in the 21st Century, and she was hyping her new terrorism-themed film to me. She was very smart, and I was excited about suddenly networking with media figures to talk about relevant capitalism-promoting (and consumerism-promoting!) politics (in the media)."



"Terrorists today care about one thing --- how to subvert the dominant paradigm! They want to evaluate why women in politics today such as the sports-family involved woman Gianna (whom I met at the sports-peace conference) are frustrated by capitalist media bureaucracy. These modern terrorists exploit these vulnerabilities to make their fundamentally radical agendas clearly known to the global community. I wondered how these terrorists 'catalogued' 9/11 and Munich '72. I wondered if the guns they acquired were omens of the coming of the proverbial AntiChrist!"



"I found a classic Mario Kempes world soccer sports trading-card. Kempes stood out in the 1978 World Cup when Argentina stunned a strong Netherlands team in the final to take the trophy home. Soccer is unique is that it helps lesser-developed countries in South America and Africa gain media spotlights and gain lucrative television endorsements from international trafficking businesses! Soccer is therefore a totem of wealth-distribution. It is therefore equally threatened by forms of anti-capitalism and anti-globalization terrorism."



"I then procured a celebrity magazine featuring a story about a popular and very attractive Western actress who had become a huge fan of world soccer after the successes of the US women's national team. I decided to email a fan-letter to this actress, urging her to participate in the sports-peace conferences that Gianna (the woman I met earlier and whose father was involved with Munich '72) had studied! I wondered how many media 'figures' and celebrities would use their influence to promote women in sports and soccer as a world sport that promoted wealth-distribution dialogue. I wondered if this attractive actress just might be the modern-day Rapunzel!"



"I then noticed an E! News story about a Universal pictures release of a film about global terrorism in the Middle East. The release prompted US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania to attend and there was a moment when the President shook hands with iconic American actor/celebrity Alec Baldwin (star of the international-politics maturity film The Hunt for Red October). I wondered if Baldwin's participation in such a film signaled a modern era investment in pro-globalization 'propaganda' and how modern global leaders such as Donald Trump would present such 'propaganda' as creative forms of free-speech engineering. Were they World Cup soccer fans?"



"Did President Trump and Gianna and Rapunzel and Leo and Tom Cruise appreciate how today's American youngsters seem so darn fascinated by soccer video-games featuring today's top soccer-stars from developed and lesser-developed nations such as Italy and Cameroon? Does the modern era fascination with sports in video-game entertainment reveal opportunities to talk about peace through education? After all, aren't video-games forms of free-speech liberalism?"



"I thought about modern evolutionary biological studies at prestigious science institutes about the mingling of races/ethnicities in this climate of high global traffic! How is globalization affecting our lineage phenotype development? Are all races becoming one? Is the instinct to promote the uniqueness of each race contributing to or retarding our analysis of pluralism? What would Gianna say?"



"Maybe the Devil will be fascinated by these developments and invoke the presence of the adversarial and divisive AntiChrist, which is what the iconic film Omen III: Final Conflict (Sam Neill) is all about!"



"I saw a photo of Gianna's gorgeous Sicilian mother and worried what anti-globalization terrorism would do to our new age idealism towards culture-exchange created by peaceful sports such as the World Cup and Summer Olympics."



"I decided to buy my daughter three cool toy guns for Christmas so I could teach her about how toys promoted nonviolence awareness and imagination through proper guidance in today's world of rampant consumerism! I wondered if my daughter would play women's soccer video-games after cheering on more successes of the US women's national soccer team at the World Cup tournament. I told my daughter that sports would someday end the anathema of violence."



GOD: Today, Adam and Eve are immersed in media!
SATAN: Yes, Steve Jobs has contributed to a toy-mentality.
GOD: True; Apple Computers has stimulated imagination about tech.
SATAN: People enjoy media entertainment and consumerism!
GOD: I wonder if that woman Gianna will be a diplomat of anti-terrorism.
SATAN: Her father was involved with Munich '72.
GOD: Will Israel-Palestine ever be resolved?
SATAN: Not by Christmas.
GOD: Well, there's always room for improvement.
SATAN: It's hard fighting 'basic' instincts!
GOD: That's why we have video-game entertainment.
SATAN: Yes, sports and war games complement each other.
GOD: Yes, this is how Microsoft's Xbox gained consumer markets!
SATAN: Microsoft and Apple are huge rivals now.
GOD: I wonder who'll develop women's sports in video-games faster?
SATAN: Apple has tons of iPhone video-game apps, widely distributed! 
GOD: Well, Xbox keeps churning out video-games too.
SATAN: Hail to competition.

====





© 2019 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on December 17, 2019
Last Updated on December 17, 2019
Tags: Sports, Politics

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing