Capitalism: A Dragon

Capitalism: A Dragon

A Story by Abishai100
"

A stand is declared between a capitalism critic and a pair of idealistic dolls in the modern world.

"
I couldn't stop writing without offering up a dioramic parable about something that's been on my mind ever since I saw Capitalism: A Love Story, so I hope you read/like it. This was inspired by Toys.


Thanks for reading (signing off),

====

"A wily bike-riding helmeted traveling philosopher who called himself the Night-Rider always spoke of the allure of anti-capitalism blasphemy. He didn't endorse 9/11 or how it sent ripples through the business world, but he did talk about the stark heat of anti-establishment platforms in our modern commerce-gauged world. Was he right? The Night-Rider wanted to challenge our sense of devotion to consumerism (Burger King, Starbucks, Toys 'R Us, Wal-Mart, etc.)."



"To stand against this adversary of civilization, a real firestarter, a pair of idealistic private-school girls in Connecticut named Elisa and Dana were endorsing Internet access to images of schools and colleges across America! Elisa and Dana talked about the colors and pride behind private-school uniforms and how these uniforms might be photographed for blogs and photos shown on Facebook. You see, Elisa and Dana, unlike the eccentric Night-Rider, talked about a special pedestrian accessibility to the aesthetics of modern traffic imagination by endorsing how the commercial/user-friendly Internet offered real windows into the world of clothing and fashion and brochures."



"We might imagine that the contest between the Night-Rider and the private-school idealist girls Elisa and Dana, who incidentally always endorsed plaid-colored school uniforms for American girls, was a real spiritual one. After all, how should we modern-day humans/Americans conceive of the contours and couture and customs of high commerce traffic? Should we elevate the ideology of mob psychology or simply frown upon on the mass transit of consumption and services? Is our Starbucks Universe or Planet Hollywood a phenomenon of Biblical destiny?"



"Of course, not all items or artifacts of consumerism/capitalism are trivial or even superficial. While the wily helmet-wearing Night-Rider might consider a sloppy fast-food cheeseburger or a low-quality toy robot evidence of the clear frailty of capitalism-theory, Elisa and Dana, our two idealistic private-school girls advertising Internet-access to democratic goods, might talk about the design of delicious Swatch wrist-watches or even the dialogic of Dianetics! This is a real 'stand' against the notion that democratic capitalism is somehow or simply...damaged."



"Let's imagine then that the Night-Rider and Elisa and Dana all find themselves one day at an American Best Buy consumer-electronics store in, say, New Jersey, and peruse and equally-admire the functional elegance of a new-era Panasonic button-convenient home microwave! As Night-Rider and Elisa/Dana remark on the functional cleverness of the Panasonic microwave, they look at each other and comment on the accessibility of unusual forms of capitalism-debate. In other words, we see a lively form of goods-driven philosophical/ideological destiny."



GOD: It seems civilization is enraptured by markets!
SATAN: It's a capitalism-firecracker planet now.
GOD: After 9/11, people became nervous about traffic and contracts.
SATAN: The biggest threat to democracy is anti-commerce terrorism.
GOD: We would want individuals to praise the reliability of political intelligence!
SATAN: That requires a focus on the contours of modern machinery.
GOD: Are you suggesting that evolution makes machinery a thing of imagination?
SATAN: Well, isn't the nature of civilization to argue about the quality of science?
GOD: Is commerce really a science?
SATAN: It can be, especially when traffic creates totems of danger!

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on January 5, 2020
Last Updated on January 5, 2020
Tags: Capitalism Diorama, Parable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing