Barcelona/Juventus: The Racism Ladder

Barcelona/Juventus: The Racism Ladder

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two controversial UEFA soccer coaches try to use logic to persuade fans not to indulge in antisocial sentiments towards democratic soccer in the modern era!

"
One last fable my friends about the democratic joy of beloved soccer!


====

The 2019-2020 UEFA season in Euro-soccer kicked off with a flourish. The two dominant teams were Barcelona of Spain's La Liga division, led by Argentine striker Leo Messi, and Juventus of Italy's Serie A league, led by French striker Karim Benzema. The new coaches of Barcelona and Juventus, both men from Portugal, recruited talented defensemen from Africa that season. Now, both coaches were being criticized for being too lax about ethnic recruitment. The truth was that Euro-soccer fans preferred recruiting talents for popular pro-club teams from only South America and Europe and not from anywhere else.

The Barcelona and Juventus coaches came up with a nifty logistical-logical retort to their public image dilemma. During a joint press-conference at the midpoint of the exciting 2019-2020 UEFA soccer season, the two coaches told European reporters that virtually all the competitive pro-club soccer teams were viewing the Champions trophy through an 'Infinite Ladder' lens. The coaches referred to this condition as the "Infinite Ladder Paradox" which simply meant that all the teams were climbing 'ladders of ambition' and making inter-club cooperation difficult! This of course translated into cynical journalism towards the recruitment of African soccer players.

The Infinite Ladder Paradox during that UEFA soccer season was indeed maddening, and it compelled the idealistic Portuguese coaches of Barcelona and Juventus to convey their general regard for Euro-soccer norms and traditions! All they wanted was to make soccer both competitive and fair, but shared ambitions and stubborn pride was creating a dangerous air of anti-African racism. Barcelona and Juventus both reached the UEFA final that season, and their two idealistic coaches kept their fingers crossed that the Infinite Ladder Paradox would not turn Euro-soccer into a dark pit of human error!

====



© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on January 28, 2020
Last Updated on January 28, 2020
Tags: Sports, Democracy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing