Murdered by Mussolini

Murdered by Mussolini

A Story by Abishai100
"

An idealistic young Italian journalist obtains the golden opportunity to interview dictator Benito Mussolini but may have to deal with the leader's dangerous sense of vanity!

"
Since I shared my long-term goal of writing a rather ominous Batman (DC Comics) fan-fiction crime novel, I'll sign off with a witty and sarcastic piece about Mussolini's claustrophobic Italy (circa 1942).

Cheers (signing off!),



====

Frederico had studied journalism at the University of Milan and had acquired the necessary skills and education to pursue his dream of interviewing the Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. The World War was in full-swing, and Mussolini was at the height of his terrible powers and prestige, and patriotic sentimentalist Frederico didn't want to miss the grand boat of Italian pizzazz and pomp and sought to write the perfect story about Mussolini after interviewing him.

Frederico traveled to Mussolini's headquarters and obtained a special one-day pass to enter the Italian dictator's office and interview the legend himself. Frederico wore his special argyle sweater and bow-tie for the unforgettable occasion. He wanted to make a good impression on Mussolini himself and do his countrymen proud with his thoughtful interview. Frederico had heard the off rumors in Italy that Mussolini was a real hard man to please, but Frederico proceeded.

FREDERICO: I'm humbled to interview you, Il Duce!
MUSSOLINI: Grand; I'm confident you know what to ask.
FREDERICO: Indeed, great sir; we're all curious about the War.
MUSSOLINI: Italy will win; Hitler has guaranteed an empire.
FREDERICO: I worry about the morale of Italy's soldiers!
MUSSOLINI: What?
FREDERICO: Aren't you concerned our army will defer to Germany?

That was the last question Frederico managed to ask the great and stubborn Benito Mussolini, the mighty 'Il Duce' of Italy. After the overly-idealistic young Italian journalist, fresh out of the University of Milan, Frederico, posed that loaded question to Il Duce regarding the fear that Italian fascism would ultimately have to defer to the seemingly indomitable might of the Nazi machine, despite being Hitler's most pronounced Axis-ally, Mussolini pulled put his pistol and shot Frederico in the head at close range.

MUSSOLINI: "I truly regret to inform my people of Italy that I had to execute an overly-idealistic young Italian journalist last week who dared to immaturely question the raw power of Italian fascism and sought to write a 'great story' about Italy worrying about having to defer to Hitler's machine! Italy is a friend of Hitler, so your great 'I'll Duce' will never stand for any paranoia about feeling bereft in Germany's vision of a new world order. Your 'Il Duce' eagerly looks forward to more promising journalism (and journalists!)."

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on February 20, 2020
Last Updated on February 20, 2020
Tags: Political Comedy, Comics/Cartoons

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing