The Media Stars

The Media Stars

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two media 'diplomats' become involved in the evaluation of symbolic modern American networks and how socialization may be wed to the ideals of dawn!

"
Actually, I'm signing off with this personal media-nod to the surprising 'glory' of new age social dioramas, inspired by the film Network. Thanks for reading,


====

Ajay Satan and Tom Cruise were on opposite ends of the modern media spectrum. Ajay Satan, an Ivy League graduate and Internet-blogging self-proclaimed 'democracy-defending vigilante' wrote about new age political issues such as Protestant-Catholic relations in Belfast (Northern Ireland) and the obligation of Americans to talk about the role of guerrilla warfare in modern democratic destiny. Tom Cruise, a Hollywood super-celebrity, was renowned for his role in socioculturally iconic films including Rain Man, Minority Report, and American Made. Satan and Cruise were like opposite polarities in modern media --- one a personal evangelist while the other a public face.



Ajay Satan and Tom Cruise met each other on an Internet chat-room and began networking together with the Mohegan Native-American nation in Connecticut, so they could jointly invest in the Mohegan Sun casino in the U.S. state. Satan and Cruise both wanted to endorse a culturally symbolic capitalist institution and chose the Mohegan Sun casino for its espousing of modern democratic business. Ajay Satan had already invested in Aer Lingus, Ireland national airline company, and was intrigued by the idea of networking with a celebrity like Tom Cruise for another social investment in a culturally rich institution such as the Mohegan Sun casino. Cruise liked Satan's involvement with free-speech dialogue regarding Irish politics in public forums and the symbolic value of the Aer Lingus company!



As these two opposite 'media gurus' proceeded in their plan to use modern media platforms to endorse various globally symbolic institutions and imagery, the modern world was developing globalization oriented imagination, having endured the media-highlighting Coronavirus quarantine tribulation during which all work and study and entertainment was now conducted indoors and through TV and Internet. Satan and Cruise took the idea of media-driven human intelligence and converted it into a magazine-friendly American aesthetic, reminiscent arguably of the Roaring Twenties of fashion-driven and social dialogue oriented American imagination. Was Wall Street a thing of magazine politics?



Satan and Cruise decided to meet with Prince William and Kate of the United Kingdom during their American visit to Disney World in Florida. William and Kate were doing an interview about American tourism in times of terrorism fears, and Satan and Cruise met with them to ask them about the media value of socialized capitalism and tourism in the era of globalization imagination --- the 21st Century. They were delighted to discover that William and Kate were both fascinated by the contours of Americanized psychology in the world of capitalism and wondered what the two representative 'media gurus' thought about the dynamics of global disease!



Satan and Cruise were both fans of the Mega-Man video-game series/franchise and why/how it symbolized modern American attitudes towards technology, adventure, warfare, weaponry, environment, and evolution itself. Mega-Man games involved a suited laser-shooting hero who wandered through infested planetary environments to tackle various minions of anarchy before fighting master bosses of pure fascism such as the nefarious Dr. Wily. Mega-Man was a media symbol of American imaginations about courage and modernism, and Satan and Cruise thought the games should be hyped in the public arena as monuments to new age beauty.



Satan and Cruise were also both fans of UNC Tar Heels basketball and why iconic players in the storied school's history such as Bobby Frasor (2006) and Rasheed Wallace (1994) exemplified an American collegiate athletic view on the social value of teamwork and competition in the modern age of television and broadcasting. UNC games drew in countless fans in America, and Satan and Cruise appreciated why key Tar Heels such as Frasor and Wallace symbolized American values and ideals. This was American consumerism and culture.



Cruise was worried about Satan's rather radical if democratic stances on Irish politics and Sinn Fein leadership in Europe but he did appreciate and understand his new buddy's views on American media and capitalism and why Tar Heels basketball exemplified modern consciousness and media energy. Cruise was a fan of Georgetown Hoyas basketball as well, while Satan liked Duke Blue Devils basketball, but they both liked Tar Heels players such as Bobby Frasor and Rasheed Wallace who represented a media perception of multicultural dogma.



Satan and Cruise decided to get a video of the iconic 1992 NCAA basketball tournament which included the historic Duke-Kentucky regional final game in Philadelphia, arguably the greatest college game ever played, and the upset of the mighty Arkansas Razorbacks squad by the upstart Memphis State team led by prodigy Anfernee Hardaway. The upset of Arkansas that year was televised broadly and reminded everyone of the media access to modern American athletics and how multiculturalism was on-display in television and Internet as well in an era when networking was likened to dollars.



Satan and Cruise decided to do a blog-showcase of the development of video-games in American markets. They compared Nintendo to Sega to Xbox to Playstation but didn't focus as much on handheld systems such as the Atari Lynx. Their blog explored the imagination value of symbolic games Americans liked to buy and how games became more graphic and why games about fantasy-adventure were marketed alongside games about war and terrorism. It was if media had constructed a socialized destiny imagination.



Satan and Cruise settled on their favorite Mega-Man games and played together for hours at each other's houses and online in group-play using identity-masking aliases. These Mega-Man sessions proved to highlight their joint-interest in modern technology and modern imagination. Cruise talked about his interests in modernism-symbolic political films such as Minority Report, while Satan discussed his interests in P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army) media. It was a media diary!



CRUISE: I worry about your fascination with Irish terrorism, Ajay.
SATAN: Tom, I'm merely exploring free-speech on Internet about Sinn Fein.
CRUISE: Is Sinn Fein capable of completely wrapping terrorism in Ireland?
SATAN: Free dialogue on the Internet will surely create modern teamwork!
CRUISE: Well, as long as there are media advocates, there can be cyber-teamwork.
SATAN: I agree; that's why our partnership in media activity is so symbolic, no?
CRUISE: Sure; we're both fans of televised college athletics and media.
SATAN: Yes, I love the college basketball movie Blue Chips (Nick Nolte).
CRUISE: I like the college football movie The Program (James Caan).
SATAN: So as a super-celebrity, do you feel movies capture American spirit?
CRUISE: I do think media spotlights on symbolic movies reflect American intelligence!
SATAN: I agree with that; important Hollywood movies like The Firm are inspiration.
CRUISE: As long as there's free-market energy reflected in media, we can enjoy diaries.
SATAN: That's really the signature of modern media --- the circulation of a diary consciousness.
CRUISE: We don't want to repeat the mistakes like The Diary of Anne Frank.
SATAN: No, the Holocaust Museum and its current website remind us of the danger of arrogance.
CRUISE: Video-games celebrating 'avatars' or 'knights' of chivalry encourage ideals in kids, right?
SATAN: Yes; and that's why we should celebrate media films like Spy Game.
CRUISE: Yeah, Spy Game is a favorite film of the Vanderbilt family!



As Satan and Cruise continud to evaluate the modern impact of media and social networks and the politics of capitalism and consumerism, they realized their role in America and on Earth was to serve as 'diplomats' of creative dogma. This was both exciting...and dangerous!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you kinda like these guys until they start voicing their opinions,then they seem to get ugly

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 3, 2020
Last Updated on June 3, 2020
Tags: Media, America

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Scout-Think Scout-Think

A Story by Abishai100