Deep Springs

Deep Springs

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two comics industry figures find themselves entangled in an extraordinary Leatherface-related designed adventure in Texas!

"
Here's one more Leatherface aesthetics yarn, inspred by the recent horror masterpiece Leatherface! Thanks (signing off),
====

Isaac Satan was in Texas for a special comic book festival in the summer of 2021. He wanted to advertise his Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) horror-comics fan-fiction series at the festival while meeting new and interesting people in the comics industry. He was an Ivy League graduate with a double major in psychology and literature and wanted to study the trends in psycho-sociology in America that catered to horror-comics sensibilities. Isaac was interested in some kind of society horror-comics aesthetic that would add to his literary education in Texas!



Isaac met a gorgeous young woman named Daisy Ritley who was a big fan of Star Wars comics and happened to find Isaac's nifty Leatherface fan-fiction comics series quite thrilling. In fact, she wanted to help him market his fan-fiction series to the general public. Daisy wanted to introduce Isaac to the comics industry titan Kevin Smith, so when he conversed with Daisy more and more, he was delighted to discover that like him she was an Ivy League graduate!



In Isaac's Leatherface horror-comics fan-fiction series, the protagonist has recurring dreams about visiting the eerie house of Leatherface and his family in Texas. Daisy found these stories quite shocking and thrilling. In the dream-sequences, the protagonist imagines wandering around Leatherface's property area in Texas, either alone or with others, and somehow comes face-to-face with the horrifying chainsaw-wielding cannibal, the maniac who wears a mask made out of human skin and shows no pity whatsoever towards those reckless people who dare to explore his domain!



Daisy especially found the special fan-fiction issue Isaac wrote in which Leatherface kills a young woman and the policewoman who tries to rescue the young woman quite fascinating. At the end of the killing-spree, the chainsaw-wielding maniac dances in the sunlight and proclaims defiantly his odd presence on a planet otherwise inhabited by those who cherish and celebrate basic social and neighborhood science sanity. In this issue, Leatherface is revealed to be a true American psycho!



In another fan-fiction issue Isaac wrote, Daisy notes that a group of American travelers come across the path of Leatherface's property in Texas, students from Dallas University. These three young Americans find themselves drenched in the macabre horror espoused and engendered by the iconic chainsaw-wielding maniac. Daisy notes that Isaac's special interest in characterizing Leatherface as a modern force of pure American insanity casts the devilish psycho as a pure lunatic. Daisy's interested in this special view of American psychosis --- the one casts this super-criminal as a basic threat to American democracy!



Daisy and Isaac decide to travel to Texas to visit the actual symbolic house where the original cult-favorite American horror-film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed. Daisy and Isaac wander around the iconic property and take symbolic photos with their handy-dandy iPhone. Just then, they notice a strange figure in the sunset running towards them. The maniac is dressed up as Leatherface and is wielding a buzzing chainsaw. Daisy and Isaac scream and start running away from the house and property area. Isaac and Daisy make it to Isaac's rental car and Isaac grabs his yellow water-gun and fills it with boiling hot water (from an instant battery-powered hot-plate and water-thermos he quickly puts together). When this strange Leatherface 'copycat' runs up to Isaac's rental car, with Daisy already sitting inside it with locked doors, Isaac pops up and sprays the psycho with the heater water-gun in his face and all over his neck. The psycho screams and falls to the ground, causing his own buzzing chainsaw to land on his leg and gashing it severely. Isaac hops into his car and speeds away safely with Daisy!



When Isaac and Daisy return to another day of the Texas comics festival, they notice a wondrous multi-avatar horror-cinema mosaic featuring iconic American psychos. They touch the mosaic with their fingers and appreciate the delightful texture of the oil painting on a rice-paper canvas. They notice the artist is a student from Duke. They compliment the artist who strangely comments that he made the piece in honor of those mentally handicapped individuals who find themselves inexplicably haunted by modern American horror movies!



Daisy and Isaac never tell anyone of the bizarre incident in which they encountered some maniacal Leatherface 'copycat' lingering around the iconic Texas house where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed. They never tell anyone they wondered if this maniac was somehow eerily the 'real-life' Leatherface, since he managed to copy the film/comics psycho almost perfectly. They never tell anyone how they used heated water in their water-gun to disarm the American monster before escaping his standing clutches. They never tell anyone!



Daisy remembers her private-school days in Belfast (Northern Ireland) in the place called Derry, in which she was required to wear distinctive green school uniforms and learn about Protestant-Catholic relations and strife in Northern Ireland. Daisy realizes she's come a long way since then, attending the prestigious Ivy League and the comics festival in Texas which lands her in that extraordinary human adventure with horror-comics fan-fiction writer/artist Isaac Satan. Daisy wonders what it's like to be a student at Dallas University and learn about the American aesthetics of Leatherface!



Daisy has grown up more interested in learning about Protestant-Catholic tensions in Europe and therefore focuses on her Star Wars movie themes regarding inter-religious or clan conflicts in the galaxy and universe. However, her recent Leatherface 'adventure' with Isaac has given her a newfound sense of curiosity about everyday American psychosis. What, for example, is the attitude of Dallas University students today who are exposed to the Texas imagination that give rise to the modern fanfare surrounding the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a movie about a dioramic psycho?



Isaac decides to clear up Daisy's mind by roaming around the comics festival in Texas that summer and they notice some nifty Transformers (Hasbro) comic book art and portraits. They notice the giant 'constructicon' robot Devastator and it reminds them of the Leatherface 'lunatic' they encountered earlier together. They wonder if they should write a novel or story about their incredible imaginative ordeal that summer!



Daisy's an amateur artist herself and decides to create a series of flowery portraits representative of her dream-state and imaginations about her ordeal with Isaac regarding confronting that demonic Leatherface dyslexic in Texas!



Daisy and Isaac come up to the table of a horror-comics writer/artist who's been creating charcoal and color portraits of Leatherface. They start admiring his work and compliment him greatly. They ask him where he studied, and he coolly tells them he's a graduate of UNC. They then notice that he has burn marks on his face and neck and a gash-bandage on his leg. Daisy and Isaac immediately realize this comics festival writer/artist is the very same 'lunatic' they encountered at the Texas property house where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed!



ISAAC: You thought Protestant-Catholic troubles were deep!
DAISY: America is way more complex.
ISAAC: You must feel totally unnerved!
DAISY: I'm glad we reported that comics festival psycho to authorities.
ISAAC: He was definitely that Leatherface 'copycat' we encountered!
DAISY: He went to North Carolina...Jesus.
ISAAC: That's totally crazy!
DAISY: Maybe he was someone who just wanted to make some Texas havoc.
ISAAC: You're a long way from your Belfast studies about Protestant-Catholic troubles!
DAISY: At least we got away from that lunatic and identified him to authorities.
ISAAC: Yeah; I guess we're lucky Americans!
DAISY: It was your water-gun that saved the day on our horrible adventure.
ISAAC: I'm going to a Duke and North Carolina game to witness some American hijinx!
DAISY: Anything is preferable to some nasty Leatherface nightmare.
ISAAC: This gives me a new perspective on American comics folklore!
DAISY: Let's write a comics series together at Harvard or Deep Springs.
ISAAC: Alright!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on June 12, 2020
Last Updated on June 12, 2020
Tags: Horror-Comics, Adventure, America

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing