Stratego (Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation)

Stratego (Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two actresses attend a celebrity charity event helping children in Europe during the Coronavirus tribulation and contemplate modern sociopolitical depression!

"
One last vignette about globalization-consciounsess, referencing the colorful board-game Stratego and the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation. Thanks so much for reading (signing off),
====

Jennifer and Gwyneth went to an Irish children's relief charity event in Los Angeles hosted by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation seeking to bring relief to Belfast during the Coronavirus tribulation. During the event, Leo's sponsor-attendants distributed Stratego board-games to each guest/attendee table. Jennifer and Gwyneth, both American celebrities, decided to play against each other at their table at the charity event.



Stratego is a nifty and inventive game involving multiple pieces moved around and strategically positioned by two opponents or two teams of opponents. Each player/competitor positions game-pieces (colored red or blue!) in strategic positions, with each game piece possessing a 'power-rank' invisible to the opponent. The opponent attempts to move his/her own rank-invisible piece towards the opponent's end of the 'battlefield' and tries to knock out game-pieces of lower/inferior power-rank. Since the power-ranks are invisible to the opponents, the risks are based on gambling and guessing how your opponent's piece-positioning stragegy feels.



Jennifer and Gwyneth were having a grand old time playing Stratego at their guest-table at the Belfast children's Coronavirus charity relief event hosted by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in Los Angeles in the summer of 2020. Jennifer and Gwyneth positioned their power-rank pieces in strategic positions and attempted to move up to each other's battlefield sides using power-rank selected offensive pieces (or 'officers') and attempting to avoid the randomly placed mine-bombs (also invisible!) by the opponent. Jennifer and Gwyneth began to contemplate how the position-and-movement play of Stratego really did represent some of the Protestant-Catholic misalignments in Belfast (Northern Ireland) that made Coronavirus relief programs such as the charity-event hosted by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation (aimed at creating more social and inter-religious dialogue between Protestants and Catholics!) events of great global dance.



Leo had distributed the Stratego games to the guest-tables to entertain the finance-endowing celebrity attendees and politicians while engaging them to think about how modern Protestant-Catholic dioramas in Northern Ireland represented new age socioeconomic reform dangerously overshadowed by the inter-religious drama of Israel-Palestine petroleum consciousness!



One of the D.C. politicians attending the charity event in L.A. was a Finnish-American who decided to wear a very fancy handmade Scandinavian sweater with the Finland flag design printed on it. When Jennifer and Gwyneth asked this Finnish-American why he chose to wear a cable-sweater at a summer event, he told them, "We have the luxury of air-conditioning at this celebrity/political event, so this sweater reveals some basic dollar irony!"



Of course, this Finnish-American was right. The stories of Irish Catholic fanatical terrorism and British Protestant police brutality in Northern Ireland sent goosebumps down the spine. While the standard factions of the IRA (Irish Republican Army) carried out guerrilla moves to strike only at British military barracks and helicopters/vehicles, more rogue 'factions' of the IRA would target even civilians in Northern Ireland, further dividing Protestant-Catholic spheres of trust while claiming they were 'necessary' responses to British police brutality. This was a condition of Parliamentary political anarchy and it drove the Christian church into daggers!



As Jennifer and Gwyneth played Stratego at their guest-table at the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation charity event for Belfast childrens' Coronavirus relief, they thought deeply about all the global political, sociocultural, and inter-religious 'hairiness' that made modern globalization consciousness feel somewhat vain and colored. How would the 'gods' look upon this time of great complicated disaster, they thought?



JENNIFER: I think 9/11 was worse than the Coronavirus.
GWYNETH: Well, the plague reminds us of the problem of social distancing and piracy.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on June 17, 2020
Last Updated on June 17, 2020
Tags: Globalization, Stratego, Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
A Dark Team A Dark Team

A Story by Abishai100