The Mean Streets

The Mean Streets

A Story by Abishai100
"

Isaac and Barbara tackle the very real problem of new era American urban underwear.

"
Here's one more anti-terrorism parable, inspired by the film Escape from New York! Thanks so much for reading,
====

The real Exodus during the End of Days was in the hands of neo-radicals who weren't hesitant to cast themselves as costumed freaks, ready to champion or antagonize the forces of capitalism destruction. What's capitalism worth? Is it worth a damn? Who're the defenders? What do they look like?



Isaac and Barbara were joint fighters working in the LA underground for the CIA as neo-terrorists infiltrated the city and integrated themselves into the underground gangs so they could peddle and distribute munitions to terrorist groups while making money off narcotics. This was a resurgence in power pyramids coming straight from Hell on a scale not seen since the ragged and ugly days of the Old West. Is this capitalism at work? Pirates becoming warlocks is hardly American, right?



Imagine then that a dastardly jewel-thief gang, armed of course, is carrying out heists in LA during the underground terrorist-connection activities of city gangs being tackled by the masked 'vigilante' CIA super-agents Isaac and Barbara. This new age black pirate reminds us why the pirates of the ancient seas frightened the hell out of everyone. What does this mean for the tone of American capitalism security? Do parents tell their kids about stories on the news regarding strange 'aliens' with guns scoring jewels in times of utter frustration?



What then do we make of the images of great society markets being presented in modern media promoting the sale and color of lifestyle-conducive 'fitness gear' such as Fabletics women's workout clothing? Should Isaac and Barbara consider this sort of media aesthetic a thing of splendor or a thing of dangerous frailty?



As consumers in America purchased goods online during the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation, Isaac and Barbara worked with the underground pirate-world in LA, desperately trying to stop the modern 'dark force' of piracy-geared vanity. If they failed, 9/11 would only be the beginning of such anti-capitalism civilization depression!



Meanwhile, artists and film-makers sought to capture this angst-aesthetic in nouveau-stories about the utter realism of complete nihilistic cynicism in this time of great and undeniable traffic claustrophobia. If Orwell was a response to Nazism, then this new era art was a response to the complete madness of the LA Race Riots of 1992. No one cared really about the spirituality of optimistic journalism, right?



Just think what Isaac and Barbara are dealing with as they prowl around LA at night tackling pirate-gangs and dealing with potential rogue IRA maniacs infiltrating American soil just to grab and get their hands 'wet' in the pool of black market guns and money! Isaac and Barbara could not be blamed for thinking this sort of modern consciousness would lend naturally to images and high thoughts about the 'presence' of condemnable filth.



So, sometimes Isaac and Barbara sit back and download movies like The Warriors on Netflix to contemplate the tangible sensation of chaos-themed democracy! What would you do?



Isaac meets a gorgeous Native-American gang girl in LA named Scarlet who believes in the immortality of democracy and faith, even though her Mohegan nation was squashed under the false veil of democracy. Scarlet studied at Dartmouth College before becoming a gang member in LA, and Isaac wonders if he should hope she studied at West Point rather than at an Ivy League school.



Barbara meanwhile discovers that a member of the NY Jets (NFL) cheerleader squad is entangled in one of the LA gangs, seeking to use her media spotlight to create some lucrative pirate-money for the black market. Barbara now wishes she became a teacher at British Columbia rather than a CIA agent!



If Isaac and Barbara are to become real crusaders and not relics for a nostalgic course on American idealism at Ford College, then they have to find ways to coordinate radicalism and criminality with new age democratic rhetoric. That's the real way to defend capitalism.



That's why champion images of fantastic superheroes in outrageous masks and costumes defending the daydreams of the middle class and everyday consumers and laborers making capitalism tick and fending off the 'dark forces' of 9/11. How can we forget the trauma of the complete destruction of the World Trade Center in NYC at the dawn of the new millennium? Isaac and Barbara understand that this is a mission to tackle the reality of new age evil. There's no other way to destroy terrorism. You have to become a real-life dark-horse.



Fortunately, Americans find great comfort in the wings of prominent priests and priestesses who aren't afraid to showcase their beliefs in general democratic aesthetics in popular cinema. The best way to reach the people is of course to portray the people!



ISAAC: I just don't want America to be invaded by predatory extra-terrestrials!
BARBARA: The biggest concern is not alien invasion but rather home-rule failure.



Isaac and Barbara continue to serve as 'wolves of the state' to capitalism may continue to flourish. However, they need our support, for if they fail, they're going to undeniably send us down the dusty road of fake optimism and deferred daydreams. We'd become food for animals if capitalism collapses under the weight of its own mighty design.



GREEN SHADOW: I"m an underground operative/sentinel working for the Provisional Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland. I gather munitions and money and resources for the great organization of democratic initiatives aimed at ending separations between Catholics and Protestants in Belfast. I have deep connections with Sinn Fein, the nonviolent and political arm of our army. Money is the greatest obstacle to achieving networks for a united kingdom, so we have to champion capitalism in this new era as a force of free-speech. We hope there are real substitutes in this very real war.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on June 29, 2020
Last Updated on June 29, 2020
Tags: Capitalism, Terrorism, Vigilantism, Gangs

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing