Shiva/Saraswati: Part II

Shiva/Saraswati: Part II

A Story by Abishai100
"

The god of destruction and the goddess of learning evaluate American bank robbery and why such crime-folklore is preferred to the glorification of violent terrorism.

"
Here's a little folklore tale about two Hindu gods talking about why bank robbery might dissuade people from glorifying violent terrorism, especially when folk-tales about skilled bank robbers remind people why heists can be surprisingly nonviolent while anti-capitalism terrorism is almost always purely violent. This last yarn was inspired by Three Fugitives. Thanks for reading, 
----

====

Shiva and Saraswati were engaged in a special side-affair, because Shiva (god of destruction) was having political arguments with his two supreme goddess wives Durga (goddess of governance) and Kali (goddess of anarchy). Shiva was therefore drawn to the younger goddess Saraswati (goddess of learning). Shiva and Saraswati were now working together on a special civilization project involving the evaluation of bank robbery and why iconic legendary American bank robbers such as Bonnie and Clyde and the Sundance Kid were so popular in US history. Shiva and Saraswati wanted to appreciate the contours of federalism as they related to their own divine sense of capitalism wonder.



Shiva and Saraswati transformed themselves into the comic book characters Casey Jones (a masked street vigilante) and Firestar (an energized female heroine) and encouraged American youngsters to think about why capitalism complexity and federalism imagination encouraged folk-tales about bank robbery. They wanted youngsters in the USA to appreciate why crusades about street justice encouraged dialogue about the contours of federalism and created romantic stories about bank robbers such as the Sundance Kid. Shiva ('Casey Jones') and Saraswati ('Firestar') wanted people to think about why they'd become avatars for neo-dogma!



AMERICAN BANK ROBBER: "I rob banks with my team of Ex-Presidents, masked and armed, because capitalism has to be neither boring nor violent, and our special brand of theatrical bank robbery encourages modern citizens to ponder why everyday theft or staged heists are somehow superior to violent anti-American or even anti-capitalism terrorism (e.g., 9/11); in other words, we believe bank robbery is some kind of 'dogma' cure' to dystopian terrorism hellmouths."



SHIVA: Americans romanticize Irish Catholic terrorists in Belfast too!

SARASWATI: Yeah, but these bank robbers are considered folk heroes.

SHIVA: The theatrical signature of these bank robberies makes for fun movies!
SARASWATI: Well, maybe bank robbers, when skilled, don't employ violence.

SHIVA: Yes, and some claim this nonviolence makes their crimes superior to violent terrorism!

SARASWATI: Do you agree with that, Lord Shiva?
SHIVA: I think honey that Aer Lingus, Irish airlines, cares less about bank robbers than terrorists!
SARASWATI: In that case, let's talk about Irish bank robbery.

SHIVA: Very ingenious, Saraswati; we'll talk about iconic robbers in Dublin and Belfast.

SARASWATI: Very cool.



As Shiva ('Casey Jones') and Saraswati ('Firestar') used comics avatars and folk-tales to link Irish bank robbery to modern dialogue regarding nonviolence and violence in terrorism, they wanted to reach out to youngsters around the globe interested in crime-stories that were less about violence and more about poverty or skilled heists. Bank robbery comics became a vehicle for Shiva/Saraswati to address nonviolence in crime. This was neo-thinking about violent terrorism paranoia. Saraswati secretly prayed for the day when there wouldn't even be an urge to commit nonviolent bank robbery! Shiva was beginning to fall in love with her. There ends the story, folks.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on October 13, 2020
Last Updated on October 13, 2020
Tags: Folklore, Heist

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing