Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Fightin' Irish Women's Volleyball: The Stain

Fightin' Irish Women's Volleyball: The Stain

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrator relates his passion for an NCAA team at a Catholic university deemed to be symbolic of modern globalization detritus.

"
Here's a socially conscious pluralism vignette about the iconic American Catholic university Notre Dame and its special role in new age pluralism dialogue in Western civilization. This conscious story was inspired by the recent trend of re-presenting academic politics in dystopian storytelling, controversially democratic movies such as Blue Chips (Nick Nolte) and He Got Game (Denzel Washington). Hope you like it,
DISCLAIMER: This story has no official ties or claims to any groups it's casting as generally reflective of modern pluralism politics and democratic dialogue and is only a vignette about incidental duties.
---- 


====

My name's Isaac. I'm an Algerian-American grad-student and assistant professor at the University of Notre Dame. I teach courses on political relevance of comparative literature, and my thesis is on inter-religious folk exchanges in modern traffic and in Europe specifically. I'm also a liaison for Protestant-Catholic union groups working with IRA and Sinn Fein factions in the UK. We try to raise funds for inter-religious talks with British Parliament and work with some secret CIA agents on Catholic college campuses, including Notre Dame and Seton Hall. I'm what you might say is a 'nerd' of modern globalization intrigue and folk dialogue.



Notre Dame is a pronounced Catholic college in America boasting a storied Fightin' Irish college football team which has produced legendary players includign Joe Montana and incredible coarches including Lou Holtz. Indeed, books have been written about the general 'spiritual aura' of the University of Notre Dame catering to pluralism and religious education even in modern times.



I'm also a bank robber raising funds in the underground alongside academic radicals and sympathizers working with Protestant-Catholic bridge groups in the United Kingdom and in Northern Ireland. We rob banks dressed as Middle Eastern terrorists, claiming we've planted pre-planted smoke bombs ready to go off if we don't gain immediate access to the insured funds inside the vaults of the major banks. We take these assets to the underground groups working with the CIA and with Sinn Fein to create Protestant-Catholic reforms in the UK. I consider myself to be what you might say is a 'radical' among inter-religious missionaries in modern times.



This year, we're using modern media to hype the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish women's volleyball team, which has enough talent and solid coaching to reach the championship to face hot rival Louisville. The Fightin' Irish women's volleyball athletes are not only gorgeous but a testament to the Catholic educational investments catering to student-athlete development reflective of democratic values in the USA. I cheer on the Fightin' Irish just as I cheer on general modern globalization-relevant Protestant-Catholic dialogue. College athletes are 'diplomats' of modern dreams!



I use images of celebrity athletes to create ideas about the unifying quality of modern sports, both at the college and international levels. Many of our Fightin' Irish student-athletes dream of getting to the Winter and Summer Olympics!



IRISH TIMES: "The greatest challenges of women's college sports in Catholic schools is to advocate real pluralism."



We have to be sure that promoting Fightin' Irish women's volleyball in modern media represents our best academic face and intention to use sports and social networks to advocate new age pro-globalization daydreams. Isn't that what makes American schools so fortunate?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the teamwork in this one.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
1 Review
Added on November 16, 2020
Last Updated on November 16, 2020
Tags: NCAA, Fan-Fiction*

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing