Yearling & the Sandman: Curse of Black Pearl (Pirate-Story!)

Yearling & the Sandman: Curse of Black Pearl (Pirate-Story!)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two modern-day UCLA buffs descended from real pirates go on a treasure quest to delineate the curse of the Black Pearl and engage with a Gargoyle.

"
One extra pirate lore, inspired by my love of Disney's pirate paraphernalia! Thanks for reading (signing off),
----



----
====

On the campus of UCLA, two popular students who happened to be point-guards for the Bruins men's college basketball team were actually descended from pirates. These two pirates, Tom and Isaac, were both proud of their UCLA school and Bruins team. However, they're going to be displaced from their idyllic UCLA campus home and life, so all is not well in California.



TOM: I'm descended from a pirate named Yellow-Beard.



Tom appears in a stage-play at UCLA featuring colorful warriors and dons costumes that remind him of the greatness of pirate lore from ancient times.



ISAAC: I believe I'm descended from an ancient pirate named Black-Beard (BB).



Isaac's a professional bank robber, and he dons costumes that make him look like an actual pirate, and he's into blood diamond heists in California. Maybe Isaac's the real pirate between him and Tom. What do you think?



TOM: Pirates are very unusual individuals, and they resemble non-humans, and I think people sometimes confuse them with vagrants or burglars or nomads or generally dirty people, but in fact, they're involved in great ancient times adventures on the high seas.



Swords of pirates are grand and illustrious, and Tom and Isaac'll need such weaponry to deal with a new adversary.



TOM: We set sail on our refurbished ancient pirate ship to an island off California which may hold the Fountain of Youth.
ISAAC: There're rumors the banks and gems and treasures on this island are guarded by a Gargoyle named Sandman.
TOM: Yes, some call this Gargoyle guardsman 'Leatherface.'
ISAAC: I hear he wields a chainsaw and wears a mask made of human skin.
TOM: We shall dock our pirate-ship on this island and determine if this 'Sandman' is really a threat!



Tom and Isaac, the new era pirates, discover the Fountain of Youth on that island off California. They start to take samples of the holy water into their vials for transport to UCLA. However, they start to hear strange sounds. Is this the lair of the Sandman?



DANTONIA: I'm the female pirate guardian of the Fountain of Youth, and I demand you two pirates help me kill Sandman.



Danonia takes Tom and Isaac to the glass bank on the island where they perform a daring heist of blood diamonds from South Africa, claiming to the Dutch guardsmen they're actually messengers from Interpol on an interception mission to destroy the nefarious blood diamond highway. This Glass Bank is really something dazzling.



TOM: I'll keep the blood diamonds in my possession and we'll have great laurels from school now.



DANONIA: Your mission is not complete, for now you must deal with the hideous Sandman ('Leatherface') whom I've contended with for years as a veiled archer-woman on this desolate island.



Tom and Isaac are taken to the island shaman, a black man named Dartmouth who tells them that they must help Dantonia deal with the hideous Sandman/Leatherface. Dartmouth tells the two pirates that the Sandman must be lured to some area where he may fall accidentally and be disarmed of his own evil weapon, the buzzing electric chainsaw. Dartmouth seems to be a real sage, and Tom and Isaac really believe him. Dartmouth tells them if they destroy Leatherface (Sandman), they'll be rewarded with a cursed gem called the Black Pearl. Dartmouth promises them this, and the pirates believe him!



TOM: I see the Sandman!
ISAAC: He may as well be Leatherface.
TOM: He seems to be guarding something in his fort-lair on this island.
ISAAC: Perhaps it's the Black Pearl itself!
TOM: We'll lure him outside and towards a ditch in the forest.
ISAAC: I'll run away from him as bait, while you creep up behind him to push him into the ditch.
TOM: This Leatherface is a real dog.



Tom and Isaac successfully lure and trap Sandman/Leatherface, guardian Gargoyle of the Black Pearl, into a forest ditch. They're congratulated by Dartmouth and are told they'll be deified as unusual underworld heroes and not just pirates of this fabled forest in the island.



TOM: I'll keep the Black Pearl and deal with our school museum curators.



Isaac keeps a pirate purse, gifted by Dartmouth, acquired from ancient times and old adventures, for his UCLA girlfriend Elena, but he'll never forget that fair pirate-archer woman on that Sandman island named Dantonia.



Isaac continues to go on further adventures to magnify his love of pirate lore, and he recruits other like-minded Americans in California. He also marries his girlfriend Elena. Isaac renames himself Mask-Man, a pirate-oriented name to be sure! He's now an adventurer and modest archaeologist pursuing great pirate fables with newfound pirate friends in California.



Tom has become a UCLA professor and compares the Gargoyle mystique of the Sandman/Leatherface to canonical ancient world mythological avatars like Shiva and the Minotaur, confident that his pirate trophy has yielded a vital key to the insights into the very nature of the curse of the Black Pearl.



Meanwhile, Leatherface has escaped from jail and is on the loose in NYC. Therefore, Tom recruits a legion of costumed street warriors called Yorks who're to serve as new era pirate warriors in this reinvented battle to engage a new kind of pirate --- the demonic Leatherface. The costumed NYC Yorks are rather...dancy.



YORKS: The Sandman (Leatherface) requires more than Fabletics, and we have the modern weaponry to deal!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on February 13, 2021
Last Updated on February 13, 2021
Tags: Pirates, Horror

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing