The Poseidon

The Poseidon

A Story by Abishai100
"

Ares evaluates the contours of war in the face of complete darkness or unattainable fury, as it pertains to modern depression!

"
Here's an addendum to my beastly compendium of short-stories, a general diorama on the mental nature of war...and hence illusions! Thanks so much for reading (farewell!), 
----
====

Ares, god of war, was evaluating the parametrics of the imagined abyss of war, the reality of endless fury and rage. What if there was a region of warfare for which there existed no bounds of rational self-control or willful governance? Such a place would signify a pure perception of uncontrolled hate and self-destruction. How would Ares govern over such a hypothetical abyss of total war?



ARES: I reason that in this imagined 'abyss of war' there exist contours and shapes of mechanized or automated wrath!



The only way to conceal or harness or control or fertilize or hydrate or behold such a fiery abyss of complete wrath is to account for the ideas and iconography of systematized grids in the normal world that give rise to predictable networks of controlled decision-making, such as Wall Street. After all, it's the basic social customs of contractual traffic that comprise our understanding of rational competition and hence sane warfare (e.g., Gulf War). Ares reasoned that the normal understanding of war was one of conceptualizing systemic wealth and ruin.



However, in this imagined 'abyss of war' and hence total wrath/fury, there's no system of controlled or sanitized or even sane competition. It's just a place of undesirable volatility. In this abyss of war, there're only totems of dark reasonings regarding the endless attainability of antisocial sarcasm and slander and defamation. Competition in such an 'abyss' is the hallmark of unfiltered instinct dominating the rational will. Ares wondered how much of the imprints of great and terrible normal world wars such as World War II were to be found in the diagrams of this imagined 'abyss of war' which he's analyzing now!



ARES: Of course, in the civilized universe, we create great diadems of war-vehicles such as submarine communications!



If we imagine that Ares is evaluating the contours and borderlines between property and displacement, wealth and insanity, rage and self-ruin, and hence war and depression, we might reason that what Ares is really dissecting is the rational attainability of the idea of 'everyday war' --- the war for control of the basic mental dream!



ARES: Virginia Woolf wrote of a man depressed in a self-imposed state of war, so there may be regions of sensory loss.



Without this terrific diorama of Ares' study of the imagined 'abyss of war' for the understanding of the contouring of rationalism and sanity in the normal world, we'd have no mythological guideline for the analysis of the 'shape' of war itself! Ares is therefore providing us with a general landscape or 'map' of the cardinality or arrow-directionality of the darkness of warfare...and dogma. Such a diorama helps us create useful catalogs of the holographic designs of warfare-weaponry history.



ARES: I call this grand diarist's opus on the diagonal of war itself The Poseidon, in reference to an idea of pure drama!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on February 24, 2021
Last Updated on February 24, 2021
Tags: War Fable, Modernism, Dystopia

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing



Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5