The Butler-Groom

The Butler-Groom

A Story by Abishai100
"

An immersed engineering-designer dabbles in chivalry-art to examine if work can be bridged with diaries.

"
Here's an offbeat short about an eccentric engineering designer whose mechanical sense of work is only slightly complemented by his immersion into intellectual labors, making him something like Hans Christian Andersen's Ariel (The Little Mermaid)! Is love a thing of...design? 
----

====

Isaac's a butler-groom. What does that mean? Well, he thinks a lot about robots and engineering and social design work on his tedious computer and rarely has time for romance. He's what you might consider a real nerdist, a real nerd, man.



In fact the robotics-engineering design work Isaac does is not unlike the work of Isaac Asimov, and he uses the design of robot personalities to create entire virtual worlds of war and adventure. This takes up almost 90% of his time and conscious focus and spiritual energies.



Isaac therefore courts the notion of romance with paintings of butlers and knights and characters of chivalry symbolism. These 'avatars' reflect Isaac's work with socializing while working tirelessly with regular robotics-designs. After all, he doesn't want to become a proverbial Scrooge or Grinch! Therefore, Isaac posts his butler and chivalry oriented artworks to find women to romance every Valentine's Day.



ISAAC: These romantic knights of chivalry-caliber reflect my work with social networks and for romantic connections online!



It's ironic that Isaac doesn't spend much time making artworks of beautiful women, perhaps reflections of the very human beings he seeks to make meaningful connections with using his creative imagination for only romantic thoughts and not robotics-designed war-adventure world creations. We may think such artworks of pretty women might awaken Isaac to the other side of the mind, but alas, he spends his time more as a mechanic of dystopian folklore, and not love.



ISAAC: I nevertheless try to present artworks that represent a focus on the splendor of nature and the magic of life.



One of Isaac's most popular online chivalry and romantic imagination artworks is a childlike stick-figure doodle of the uncanny disc-soaring sky-menace known as the Hobgoblin (Marvel Comics). This cute little stick-figure of a caped goblin symbolizes this butler-groom's attempt to bridge his gap between robotics work and social daydreams.



Isaac uses an online pseudonym for his robotics-design world-creation work named Red Sparrow, a thief-like ninja who represents the sheer war-intrigue of his robotics folk dioramas of futuristic orientation. Red Sparrow is to Isaac what Mark Twain was to Samuel Clemens.



GIRLFRIEND: I don't understand Isaac's work, and he literally lives like a ninja, so I wonder if he ever dreams like a samurai.



Isaac nevertheless hails his portraits of romantic life as emblems of the cordial attempt to cast non-robotics work as a manifestation of sociable imagination. He treats his fair ladies as women of the wind, and he remains a philosopher and a ninja, but will he ever be haunted by these artworks signifying more deep human dreams?



The moral of this short-story is that this butler-groom is something of a modern 'knight' of social customs. He uses his ninja work and his artwork branching or social 'outreach' to bridge those nasty gaps between overwork and overtime. Where else will our goodly if eccentric Isaac find the mirror of delight?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on March 10, 2021
Last Updated on March 10, 2021
Tags: Folk-Tale

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing