Stackhouse/Metroid

Stackhouse/Metroid

A Story by Abishai100
"

An examination of the media IQ forces in this new quarantine era inspiring us to be more...dancing!

"
Here's a media era vignette inspired by War, Inc. Something for our quarantine-prayer era I think! Signing off (God bless), 
----
====

American media was all about the showcasing of great skill and entertainment and for the era of quarantine, the quality of media access became symbolic. YouTube videos featuring iconic legends in American college sports from yesteryear were suddenly popular, making great NCAAB stars like UNC's exciting Jerry Stackhouse a household Golem for Net-surfers.



NET-SURFER: For this new era or Web IQ, games like Metroid remind us why bio-life has become an indoor diorama.



We find ourselves in a pseudo-nonfiction fantasy-adventure in which we're transported back in time to the time when Stackhouse was a scoring great on the UNC squad. After he finishes his college career, we discover during our time-travel alternate reality journey that Jerry's decided to move to Belgium and become a coach for the women's team in that Euro-nation. Weird?



Meanwhile, a rampant diamond-thief named 'Sparrow' is prowling around the city of Antwerp (Belgium) stealing diamonds from bank safe-boxes owned by Dutch barons seeking to establish in a South African bridge what will someday become the nefarious warlord-driven activity linked to blood diamond mining/marketing. We discover this late 20th Century pirate-thief Sparrow is something like Robin Hood as he attempts to unnerve the Dutch baron's control over Euro-gem markets. Sparrow compels us to evaluate the nature of crime and journalism in Europe as we approach a prolific 21st Century of mass media diaries!



SPARROW: I move my diamonds from the safe-boxes into Swiss accounts and unwittingly destabilize these barons' dominions.



Crime folklore is intrinsically valuable to humanity, even in the 20th Century! We discover that an iconic American fashion figure named Cameron is in Antwerp (Belgium) doing a special beach issue about the control over diamonds in the tourist industry and in Belgium. We're compelled to wonder if the move to Belgium made the by iconic American college superstar Stackhouse is somehow linked to all this modern 'Metroid-Diorama' diamond marketing magazine storytelling. In other words, we wonder if Cameron's work is somehow linked to future blood diamond...darkness!



In other words, during our time-travel journey back to the late 20th Century, we're made to wonder if all this media consciousness in this new era leads us to places where we're always thinking about the quality and substance of magazine culture driven profit diseases! Will Stackhouse become a media figure in the blood diamond dialogue in the 21st Century, as have other media figures/celebrities (such as Leo DiCaprio)? Is this era of media much about advertisements?



SPARROW: All these ads about media and lifestyle are confusing to me!
CAMERON: You should think about the quality of comfort games.
SPARROW: Comfort games?
CAMERON: Yeah, there's like symbolism games entreating lifestyle imagination.
SPARROW: You mean like SimCity and Leisure Suit Larry?
CAMERON: Yup, these games are like gems of democracy.



When we travel back to our own time period now, we discover in a magazine article at the doctor's office that Jerry Stackhouse and the now famous Euro diamond-thief Sparrow are both fans of the modern American film Robin Hood (Russell Crowe)! We're now rather 'sure' that the media era is all about driving IQ. What're we to download? God bless.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on March 17, 2021
Last Updated on March 17, 2021
Tags: Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Scout-Think Scout-Think

A Story by Abishai100