Reno Magic: American Mask [Quarantine-Day]

Reno Magic: American Mask [Quarantine-Day]

A Story by Abishai100
"

Reno is the place where bank robber Isaac endures the Coronavirus quarantine, honored by a special day for American darkness.

"
This is a heist-consciousness vignette concept I've been working on since visiting the casino-colored wondrous if complicated US city of Reno (Nevada), a place where life is punctuated by social detention. Enjoy (and God bless!), 
----
====

Welcome to Reno, Nevada. It was founded for railroad and migration commerce long ago and is the little brother to Las Vegas, Nevada. Like Las Vegas, Reno houses the University of Nevada-Reno (University of Nevada-Las Vegas). While the Reno Nevada Wolf Pack sports teams (football/basketball) are not as famous as the UNLV Runnin' Rebels (1991), it's still a reason why students who grew up in Reno want to attend the University and play for the Wolf Pack. Reno is therefore a city of both cultural richness and social folklore. Its casino and gambling havens weren't established until the 1930s but burgeoned to become one of the 3 major casino-gaming cities in the USA --- next to Las Vegas (Nevada) and Atlantic City (New Jersey).



Isaac Satan grew up in Reno, Nevada with his single mother Nina. He went to high-school in Reno and then studied psychology and literature at the University of Nevada-Reno and also played college soccer for the Wolf Pack. He even met his future wife Danica at the University. Isaac now works at a 7-11 convenience-store in Reno and lives with his mother, and his now-wife and University sweetheart Danica is a lawyer in Reno and sometimes stays with Isaac at his mother's house, since he lives in a separate area of the house by the garage. Isaac likes his life in Reno and with his mother Nina and wife Danica. However, he's scheming a new Reno folk-tale now and is taking notes about the Nevada State Bank!



ISAAC: I've worked at that 7-11 store for two years now and know Reno by heart and want to make an infiltration blueprint!



Isaac calls himself Sparrow for this Reno bank heist of some diamonds belonging to a local Dutch baron named Kuyt. Isaac/Sparrow walks into the bank with sunglasses and a protective Coronavirus mask on and wearing work-wool gloves made by his wife Danica. He's wearing a reddish shirt for the diamond heist in Reno that Friday afternoon.



Isaac/Sparrow tells the Nevada bank manager that heist-day that he's an undercover agent for Interpol investigating the diamond trades of the questionable Dutch baron Kuyt. Blood diamonds are connected through South Africa and Europe and comprise new era warlord activity tied to terrorist and fascism regimes around the globe and are sullying the modern diamond trade. Isaac/Sparrow intends to subvert Kuyt's grip on Reno with his blood diamond lift. Isaac/Sparrow asks the manager to escort him to the safe-box area so he can inspect Kuyt's blood diamonds while storing some of his own (fake) diamonds in a safe-box neighboring that of Kuyt's box. During the inspection, Sparrow cleverly swaps Kuyt's diamonds with his fake ones while the manager is busy and distracted wiping the security camera inside that safe-box area in the Nevada bank.



The heist is a success, and Kuyt doesn't discover the fake swap for months and meanwhile, Isaac ("Sparrow") has deposited traded money for the blood diamonds in a new Swiss account online during the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation. He's also purchased some customized franchise 7-11 shoes to showcase to his customers at his store. His wife and mom have no idea Isaac has become a Robin Hood figure in the new era blood diamond drama!



ISAAC/SPARROW: The diamond market is a treasure and must not be sullied by warlord blood diamond traffic now.



BANK MANAGER: We're not sure about Kuyt's activities with blood diamonds, but we know this heist is high for journalists.



Danica, meanwhile, is taking night-classes at the University of Nevada-Reno (UNR). She's happy being Isaac's wife and still doesn't know of his newfound double-identity as an anti-hero or blood diamond James Bond in Reno! She thinks he's just happy working at 7-11 with his new colored sneakers! Danica is very important to Isaac/Sparrow and he visits her sometimes on the University campus for lunch or brunch.



DANICA: I don't know what Isaac does with his mother, but I like visiting him at his 7-11 store in our Reno.



Isaac is at a Wolf Pack football game with Danica years before the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation began in 2020. He told her then that he'd someday marry her and find ways to become a man of intrigue in their beloved Reno. Danica told him then that she dreamt of someday just being a happy online student at the University, which offers a decent blend of academics and student athletics. It makes Reno special, friends!



Isaac/Sparrow and Danica had a son named Damian, and Isaac purchased for him a special light-glowing laser-Transformer warrior-bishop toy named Shockwave. Isaac told Damian, "Shockwave reminds us why the quarantine which glorifies media and Internet resources is a symbol of tech-dollar value in civilization."



Damian turned out to be a great computer-graphics artist and designed a series of digital anime artworks depicting his mother Danica as a Reno-flower bride during the Coronavirus quarantine. It was a time of great electronica diaries.



ISAAC: Let's watch Hard Eight.
DANICA: Oh, that casino-Reno human drama!
ISAAC: I know it's depressing and dark.
DANICA: No, dear, it's a nice portrait of American dreams.



"If living in Reno has taught me anything, it's that stories during quarantine are about socialized days." -Isaac/Sparrow

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on March 31, 2021
Last Updated on March 31, 2021
Tags: Reno, Folk-Tale, Coronavirus

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Grifter-Ago Grifter-Ago

A Story by Abishai100