Montreal Bank Heist!

Montreal Bank Heist!

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two wily pirates in the diamond underground stage a heist of the baron's gems in Montreal, creating a modern deadline.

"
Well, it's looking like I'm retiring with a heist vignette after all, and it's one more inspired by Blood Diamond (Leo DiCaprio). Thanks so much for reading, 
----
====

Montreal is such an unusual city and full of color and lights and is situated in the relatively peaceful and neutral nation of Canada in North America.



The Montreal Canadiens have become a very popular and iconic NHL men's ice-hockey team, boasting multiple championships and terrific fans and cheerleaders.



The Scotia Bank Tower in Montreal is the location of our Montreal fairy-tale about a special diamond heist in 2010.



A gorgeous female bank employee at Scotia named Lizzie was working at her regular desk during regular hours on a Friday afternoon in the July of 2010. She wasn't anticipating what had transpired that afternoon, and what did occur became the inspiration for a film called The Bank Job.



The Scotia bank is where a Dutch baron was depositing his blood diamonds from South Africa, which had become a lucrative but dark trade in the continent and sullied the global gem market by 2010. Two diamond thieves, Isaac and Chip, were intending to steal the baron's blood diamonds to create some nifty re-routing of these gems back into British Columbia. The Scotia bank was the key to this underground crime-world diamond theater!



CHIP: I hate blood diamonds and what they're doing to the world market today and to European gem merchants.



ISAAC: So, we're walking into the Scotia dressed as theater-performers claiming we're from Interpol to attack the baron.



Chip and Isaac stormed into the Scotia and took bank rep Lizzie hostage and told everyone that if she cooperated and no alarms were set off, this Interpol operation would go off as smoothly as hoped! The diamonds lifted from the baron's safe-box that afternoon were valued at over $20 million. Chip/Isaac drove hostage Lizzie to a nearby boat via a Bonjour cab where they gifted her with two of the stones to make her trail back to her havens. They then reported to the Montreal Times, "The baron's days of diamond-ditches are over in Montreal, friends."



CHIP: Let's go see a Canadiens game, before the world turns to Plague!
ISAAC: Yeah, I think the Canadiens are due for a splendid upset of those pesky Oilers.



However, the taxi-driver of the Bonjour cab that heist day of the Scotia reported to the police the voices of the two masked theatrical diamond thieves. The cops then tracked Chip/Isaac to discover the true involvement of Interpol in the underground work of the baron in Montreal. This was therefore an ironic participation by an otherwise average and bored Canadian cabbie, friends!



GEM MERCHANT: Blood diamond traffic comprises one of the worst faces of modern gem markets in the new millennium.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on April 1, 2021
Last Updated on April 1, 2021
Tags: Heist, Canada

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing