Matrix: Path of Neo

Matrix: Path of Neo

A Story by Abishai100
"

A masked vigilante engages a proverbial dark-city with methods of proactive democratic work meant to lift the human dollhouse.

"
This is a working fanfiction vignette about revolutionary dark-city reforms, inspired by the very unusual modern dystopian visual paranoia-masterpiece, The Matrix, which is a nice Coronavirus prayer-time story I think. Enjoy! 
----
====

The city was dark in America and beset by a crime syndicate led by Top-Dollar and a Plague and a system of malaise and narcissism and corruption. There was an axe-gang in the streets called Night-Slashers and cops were arrogant or helpless. There was nothing to curb the natural human instinct to profit at the expense of others, making America somewhat of a depression den.



TOP-DOLLAR: This city belongs to me, and we'll run it and all events including Devil's Night into ground power.



NIGHT-SLASHERS: Our gang is committed to decapitation of wayward unreliable cops who sully the great city!



The Plague meanwhile required many if not all citizens to be masked and anonymous. Most activities regarding business affairs and study were now conducted indoors and online through modern media. NSA's cyber-division was working overtime to ensure that no terrorist hackers invaded these vital media labyrinths which kept humanity simply walking!



Top-Dollar the crime-lord was allied to a ruthless Dutch capitalism baron named Norm Kuyt who's been trafficking in blood-diamonds or conflict diamonds from Africa and Europe tied to foreign warlords and terrorist groups. The North American gem market was being sullied by this modern urban corrupt capitalism enterprise and Kuyt stored his blood-diamonds in safe-boxes in Santander banks in the great city!



KUYT: Blood-diamond profits are the wave of the future, and we'll seize imagination-control over the gem trade.



All was dark in this horrifying city. However, a masked vigilante and journalist rose to prominence, a man named Amlan Satan who went by the crime-fighting alias 'Neo' and sought to end these regimes or dominions of complete darkness. Neo first robbed Santander banks of Kuyt's blood-diamonds, swapping them for fake diamonds and instructing the attending bank managers and guards to keep quiet of these activities which he claimed were being performed on behalf of European police bodies seeking to end blood-diamond highways stretching into North America.



Neo rode a slick Honda black bike and put up posters and flyers around the city which read, "The baron's blood-diamonds seem to be confounded in the matrix of capital shuffling, and warlords can no longer find dioramic in-roads into the USA!" Neo's Honda bike became his method of mobility and he used it to get around and form underground rebel-networks with sympathizers willing to ally themselves in this cause to deteriorate the social mystique of the terrifying regimes.



Neo was being noticed by handfuls of people seeking to shop and walk and live and commute peacefully and without peril or real dangers. Neo was suddenly called the new Robin Hood, and comic book writers imagined he was being helped by various citizens who wanted to see a restoration of the lost human instinct to be friendly and friends!



Meanwhile, doctors across the city responded to this seemingly beneficial 'Neo Crusade' by advocating more cautious wearing of masks and protective gloves that protected people from the spread of the great Plague, citing this modern endeavor as a method to end the imagination of helpless night.



NEO: I wear these work-gloves to remind me that no labor of man is subdued by the forces of martial or criminal controls.



Neo came up with yet another brilliant scheme. He'd distribute bags of homemade sandwiches to homeless people across the dark city. The sandwiches would be placed in paper bags and put together by community centers run by teachers and students and would end the notion that piracy and profiteers could turn the city into a den of self-serving Machiavellian neglect!



NEO: When we ignore the needs of the poor or turn them into scapegoats for neglect, we betray our faith in medicine.



The brown paper-bag mission as it was known delivered images of hope and salvation to a city overrun by warlords and criminals. The police were moved and offered special security and transport services night and day to see that Neo's vision would be realized and brought to fruition by the work of many hands.



NEO: These sandwich-drives organized in schoolhouses in the city reveal our human yearning for great teamwork!



The corrupt officials and tyrants of the dark city began seeing these shattering beams of light which came shining down into the dark cathedral of capitalism piracy and had no choice but to give into this new trend of socially mobilized democratic diaries.



NEO: What once could've and surely would've been an end-times field vision of sterilized darkness is now just an omen.



Church leaders banded together to make sure that gatherings in religious areas were secure and protected from this developed modern threat posed by the legions of criminals and warlords seeking to subvert the basic human interest in shared magic and faith. This was the resolution of Neo's great crusade, and it was working.



NEO: We've commissioned special artists to render wall-graphics on buildings portraying the lifting of the spirit of life itself!



This isn't just a Coronavirus painting or a dark-city neo-noir campfire story. No, sir, this is the story of humans working together to bring forth a working vision of real urban dollars. God bless America!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

28 Views
Added on April 10, 2021
Last Updated on April 10, 2021
Tags: Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing