Final Four: American Drymouth

Final Four: American Drymouth

A Story by Abishai100
"

A narrative diorama about the entertaining face of sports (men's college basketball) and how it generates dollars!

"
Here's a fantastic sports-fantasy fable which asks the valuable question, "Why do sports entreat our enchantments about media dressers?" Thanks for reading, 
----
====

A great sociocultural tournament was taking place and based on rhetoric and American colors, and it was linked to the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The teams who'd reach the Final Four were Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, and UCLA. Duke was captained by two nerdy computer geniuses who had incredible point-guard and shooting-forward skills and could therefore lead their teams as zone-offense units working with strong team-ethic mobility. The Duke captains, Isaac and Ben, were ideal nerdists.



DUKE: Our team philosophy is one of complete zone mentality and focused passing and efficient targeting of shots.



Kentucky was led by two outlaw kinds of players. One is a samurai-Jack named Tom, a small-forward, while the other is a masked crazy, a tall center named Bosh. Tom and Bosh lead Kentucky to a wild and shooting liberal styled game of offense and run. This team is expected to be Duke's main competition. Duke and Kentucky are the most well-matched team in the Final Four, but they'll face each other in the Semi-Final and either face Indiana or UCLA in the Final/Championship. Kentucky's captains Tom and Bosh are perfect crazies.



KENTUCKY: Our team imagination is one of wild and running shooting meditation, which is what this tourney needs.



The third team is Indiana, led by two grounded but prolific tall forwards. One is Hanks and the other is Martin, and they both like to hog the ball and shoot whenever possible and capitalize on the inside and expose and exploit the inside-area weaknesses of their opponents. Indiana will face UCLA in the Semi-Final. Indiana's captains Hanks and Martin are considered very unusual and picky.



INDIANA: We'd like to think our presence in this tourney is one of grand team-oriented cycling and energy.



The fourth and final team is the immaculate UCLA team, led by a gypsy-guard named Indiana. He's the lone-star of the entire team, and his girlfriend has been considered his only true 'team-co-captain' by sports-writers. UCLA has a nearly perfect style of flash and speed in its play and is considered the perfect striking force for any opponent boasting a strong team-ethos. The UCLA team is proud to announce its leader/captain Indiana is inspired in this tourney by his gorgeous Euro-girlfriend.



UCLA: We'd like to face Duke in the final game and defeat them soundingly.



The stage is set for a grand Final Four engagement. First, Indiana will face UCLA. Then, Duke will fight Kentucky in the second Semi-Final game to determine the final two for the championship. The sports-writers are all predicting a Duke/UCLA championship match-up, but some claim the close matchups against Indiana/Kentucky might produce an upset. The stadiums are packed and the lights are on and blinking. The sports bars and TV and media centers around the nation are eager to watch this energized human activity representing think-tanks and energy-groups as diverse as Microsoft and Esquire magazine!



First, Indiana faces UCLA. Indiana comes out shooting heavy and leads UCLA by a score of 55-45 at halftime, thanks to the two captains, Hanks and Bosh. However, in the second half, UCLA's star-leader Indiana proves to be too much, nailing all kinds of three-point wonders to lift his team to the level of pure socialized complacency and nearly perfect satisfaction. After the devastating 100-90 defeat, Indiana co-captain Bosh tells the cameras and media, "This defeat reminded us why UCLA's star-kid Indiana is a real force of American dreams."



In the second Semi-Final, Duke faces Kentucky. Fortunately, Isaac and Ben are perfectly reliable for Duke, shooting perfectly consistent lane and 3-point shots to carry their team steadily with a 2 or 3 or 4 or at least 5 point lead throughout the entire match. Kentucky's captains are frustrated and wonder why the Duke stars are simply able to just float with their lead through the entire contest and end up with the tight but sweat-earned 91-88 victory over Kentucky!



So, as predicted, Duke and UCLA face each other in the grand media championship. Duke's captains Isaac/Ben come out shooting lots and lots of 3-s and make almost 70% of them, giving their team a 34-29 lead through half of the first-half. UCLA's star-kid Indiana is a bit flustered by all this consistent 3-point wizardry and decides to put on defensive claws in the second half of the first half, bringing his team to a 55-52 small deficit at halftime with precise inside-shooting. In the locker-room during halftime, the Duke captains tell their team to think like pure pirates in the second half to somehow miraculously down this UCLA star-kid Indiana. In the second half, Indiana of UCLA comes out shooting all kinds of shots and assists and brings his UCLA team to a 100-90 lead with only 2:00 left to play. With just 2 minutes left to play, Isaac turns to Ben and tells him they might lose, but Ben reminds Isaac that they have one extra token to try --- they can simply try to keep making assist-off 3-pointers as a rounder way to just make points in the closing seconds of this game. The confident style of shoot-and-pass attitude or mentality proves to be a stand, and Duke pulls out with a 106-103 victory with one final 3-point master-shot by Isaac. They'd proved to be the real 'ABCD' pirates, after all!



ISAAC: We really came off as lucky!
INTERVIEWER: Yes, that Indiana star-kid was out of this world.
ISAAC: Yes, he gave his team a special shot of magic, indeed!
INTERVIEWER: Yet, you and Ben pulled off late-game calmness.
ISAAC: Indeed!
INTERVIEWER: How'd this make you feel about media and March Madness?
ISAAC: All this competition is a toast to the splendor of American dreams.
INTERVIEWER: Would you repeat such a victory?
ISAAC: Right now, all Duke cares about is a taste of real...democracy.
INTERVIEWER: Democracy?
ISAAC: Sure we hope to benefit from all the sports-media market confetti.
INTERVIEWER: Why's that?
ISAAC: This is the era of good feelings through media windows, after all!
INTERVIEWER: Sure.
ISAAC: We're thrilled to have excelled in such a dazzling competition-pool.
INTERVIEWER: Duke was really...dollar'd.
ISAAC: We hope our fans now follow us even more on Facebook!
INTERVIEWER: Congrats.



This was a window-portal in the American daydreams that go into modern-day media-blanketed sports. This is a capitalism-culture after all, and in media, we cover the excellence of sports dance...and doorknocks! Congrats to Duke.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on April 22, 2021
Last Updated on April 22, 2021
Tags: Sports Fable, Diary

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing