Islanders-Flyers (ice-hockey): Game 6 [Dreamcatcher]

Islanders-Flyers (ice-hockey): Game 6 [Dreamcatcher]

A Story by Abishai100
"

A narration by a gov't-officer of the iconic Flyers-Islanders (NHL) matchup in the 1980 Stanley Cup finals, a demo daydream.

"
A dioramic fan-toast to the iconic Stanley Cup game between the Islanders-Flyers (Game 6), which reminded all Americans why ice-hockey is so unusually...dainty! Enjoy (and thanks so much for reading!), 
----
====

New York became an iconic ice-hockey city in the year of 1980, when the Philadelphia Flyers challenged the dominance of the New York Islanders (ice-hockey), an iconic NHL team. The stage was set for an exciting Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, after the Flyers had offered a significant challenge to the Islanders, grabbing Game 2 and Game 5, despite the valiant showing of the Islanders victories in Game 1 (4-3), Game 3 (6-2), and Game Game 4 (5-2).



I'm a sports-writer named Amlan Satan, an Algerian-American diamond-thief working with Interpol-relations evaluating blood-diamond (warlord-mined gems from Africa/Europe used to finance terrorism!) matrices in North America as a ninja-thief. My wife Esmerelda hopes I have a distracting peaceful hobby, so I'm writing this story about the Islander-Flyers Game 6 memoir of the 1980 Stanley Cup finals, which she hopes will bring me back down to Earth!



The Islanders hoisted the Stanley Cup trophy in 1980 in the first of a series of championships in which they'd simply dominate in the playoffs, but it would come at a challenging contest against the Flyers who'd prove to be their only significant rival in their string of victories.



Sure, I'm immersed in blood-diamond work in North America, but I also own a very valuable NY Islanders Bob Nystrom NHL rookie-card, and this card is toasted by Islanders ice-hockey fans a good deal, since it was Bob who scored the OT goal in Game 6 which gave the Islanders its first iconic Stanley Cup trophy in its series of championships.



The 1979-1980 NY Islanders were a fantastic NHL ice-hockey team, boasting incredible players, but who'd expect that their star Bob Nystrom would eventually end up carrying the mantle of darling when he scored that overtime goal in Game 6? The team photo of the Islander that year is something I keep in our NY apartment for sentimental reason.



However, we should get back to my story. I'm a blood-diamond Interpol-relations thief working with baron-influence subversion in North America. Barons corrupting capitalism today are smuggling in blood-diamonds from Africa/Europe and using North American amenities to justify terrorism-financing. However, one baron in NY has met its match in me, a wily diamond-thief working with Interpol-links who goes by the alias Shadow.



I have to walk into a NY bank to take the sapphire-diamond called Vanderbilt belonging to the corrupt North American capitalism-baron Emil Kuyt. Kuyt hypes the value of this sapphire while using gem-finances to fund terrorist groups linked to groups as varied as the IRA and Cobra!



I walk into the NY bank dressed as the theater-performer/thespian 'Shadow' and show my water-rifle to the bank manager and my (fake) diamonds which I intend to deposit that day in the safe-box area of the vault-room of the bank. I tell him my name's Roy Shah, an Algerian-American merchant seeking to open a toy-store in NY.



When I'm escorted to the vault-room with the safe-boxes in which I'll deposit my own (fake!) diamonds, I reveal to the escorting manager/guardsman that my toy water-rifle is filled with corrosive acid and that I'm an Interpol-ninja attempting to draw media-press to Baron Emil Kuyt's blood-diamond safe-box in the US bank. I burn through Kuyt's safe-box and take his blood-diamonds and place my own (fake!) diamonds in his safe-box. I whisper in the manager's ear, "This is an Interpol-operation requiring absolute media sensitivity since it's to be hoisted as a careful NY blood-diamond expose."



BANK MANAGER: All we know now is that this diamond-infiltrating 'Shadow' is drawing inquiries into Kuyt's activities!



After I exchange Kuyt's blood-diamonds for assets for my new private Swiss account, I go home to enjoy YouTube HDTV screenings of the iconic 1980 Islanders-Flyers Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals with my girl Esmerelda!



ESMERELDA: What's so special about these 1980 Islanders, Amlan?
SATAN (me!): This Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals reminds America of the glory of ice-hockey!
ESMERELDA: Really?



In fact, Game 6 of the Flyers-Islanders matchup of the 1980 Stanley Cup finals had everyone speaking about the general sociocultural American sports fanfare regarding modern NY Islanders cheering. Why'd the Flyers offers the Islanders its first and only significant Stanley Cup challenge? A NY ice-hockey fan knows this answer.



ESMERELDA: Why're you so adamant about overcoming the Flyers, darling?
AMLAN: Game 6 of this 1980 Stanley Cup championship was a toast to ice-hockey surprises.



Today, the NY Islanders boast the gifted John Tavares, and the days of Bob Nystrom are long-gone, but my iconic NHL rookie-card of Nystrom reminds us all (and my girl Esmerelda!) why that 1980 trophy brought home a special ice-hockey spirit to New York...forever!



ESMERELDA: What's it about modern American men that makes ice-hockey so damned...democratic?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hockey and diamonds seem to go hand and hand,enjoyed the read

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 11, 2021
Last Updated on July 11, 2021
Tags: Ice-Hockey, Fanfiction, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing