The Islander-Thief

The Islander-Thief

A Story by Abishai100
"

An excellent NY ice-hockey player named Satan is actually 'Burglar' and coordinates a funny blood-diamond media-dialogue.

"
A toast to ice-hockey, blood-diamond infiltration, and general modern-day North American dance! Hope you like this one (and thanks so much for reading), 
----
====

Welcome to Elmont (New York)! It's the home of the Islanders men's ice-hockey team, where a dastardly athlete and goal-scorer named Amlan Satan's staging a blood-diamond heist of the safe-box belonging to the American baron Goldfinger.



AMLAN SATAN (aka, 'Burglar'): I consider myself an athlete-and-acrobat, and this Islander-Goldfinger heist will be great.



GOLDFINGER: No one will take my precious blood-diamonds from this New York bank!



Goldfinger's arrogant and has invested a media-marketing campaign for the Lightning, the rival of the Islanders who'll square off against each other in the Eastern Conference Finals this year. In fact, Goldfinger's model-rich Lightning ad-campaign has more fans for the Lightning on NY-TV than ever before!



Now, it's known that men's ice-hockey athletes are often adorned in sports-magazines featuring them in their iconic sports-masks and gear, so we wonder if this modern-day bank-robber (and ice-hockey star!), Amlan Satan (aka 'Burglar'), will actually be donning a nifty mask for his Goldfinger-heist in NY!



The Lightning-Islanders series begins in Elmont, and the Islanders are up quickly, since Satan scores twice, in each of the first two games, giving the Islanders 1-0 victories and a 2-0 series lead in the Eastern finals. Satan scores two diagonal shots in both games after weaving past the defenders near the goal.



AMLAN SATAN: This Goldfinger-heist of his Vanderbilt blue sapphire-diamond ($20 million) will have to be ideal!



Satan (aka 'Burglar') originally intended to steal Baron Goldfinger's blood-diamonds, used for terrorism-financing, but when it's known the evil baron's now storing his $20M Vanderbilt sapphire-diamond in the NY bank safe-box for media boasting, Satan (aka 'Burglar') resolves to complete a thorough heist of the targeted Vanderbilt for some nifty media-pizzazz. He however remains equally focused on his ice-hockey gear/series with the Lightning, his real foes. Satan loves his ice-hockey gear (e.g., Bauer).



The game goes to Florida, where the Lighting take the next 3 games in a row with sound 2-0, 3-0, 2-0 victories, bringing the series back to Elmont (NY) for Game 6 and hopefully Game 7, but Satan (aka 'Burglar') will have to be perfect in order for the Islanders to topple this Lightning lead!



SATAN: I walk into the NY bank with Goldfinger's safe-box masked as a thief named Thespian seeking Vanderbilt photos!



Satan takes the labyrinth subway detour stops en-route to the NY bank, taking photos along the way for his street-theater about baron-capitalism in North America to present to the bank manager as part of his circus-act. The NY metro-map is dizzying, so Satan had to plan the perfect photo-route which he'll copy to escape back to his NY house and finally attend his Games 6 and maybe 7 of the Islanders-Lightning series in Elmont.



The NY bank that Satan (aka 'Burglar') finally enters after his photo-route on the subway/metro is quite nice. He shows the entrance-guardsman his harmless water-gun (toy), which is secretly filled with not water-liquid but with corrosive acid. He then requests an audience with the bank manager inside.



BANK MANAGER: This 'Thespian' character was quite a marvel for Baron Goldfinger's street-prestige of Vanderbilt media.



Indeed he was. Satan ('Thespian') was in an outrageously hideous face-mask and gloves and wielding his special water-rifle (acid-gun!) when he's escorted to the safe-box of Goldfinger for his special circus-act media photos of the $20M Vanderbilt and takes note of the bank-interior design and superiorities.



Once inside the safe-box room of the vault-area of the impressive NY bank, Satan (aka 'Burglar') reveals to the single escorting guardsman that his toy water-rifle is actually an acid-gun and proceeds to burn a hole through Goldfinger's safe-box metal lid and switches the Vanderbilt with a replica hidden in the lining of his gun-duffel-bag folds. He then informs the guardsman to keep quiet and simply inform the manager to call Goldfinger right away to inspect the fact that the Vanderbilt is perfectly safe inside the safe-box despite this burnt-hole created by the acid-gun by 'Thespian' for the street-performance theater. The guardsman has no choice but to comply, and Goldfinger believes initially this entire stunt is some kind of staged elaborate media-event sponsored/financed by a local secret-unnamed business ally!



By the time Goldfinger will know his Vanderbilt is a replica-fake placed in substitution for the stolen gem, Satan/Burglar has hopped into his stolen/painted NY Taxi car and taken the subway route he took to get to the bank for those pathway-photos for this staged 'theater-act' he presented to the bank manager. Satan ('Thespian') then makes his way back to Elmont for Games 6 and 7 of the Islanders-Lightning series, hoping to bring traffic-cheer to New Yorkers.



NYPD: We're investigating what exactly Baron Goldfinger's involved with regarding this 'Vanderbilt circus' dream!



Meanwhile, Satan the goal-scorer returns to his Islanders-Lightning series and is instrumental in the final 2 wins for the Islanders, 1-0, 1-0, sending the hot men's ice-hockey team to the championships and past the rival Lightning for good.



ISLANDERS COACH: I'm so proud of Satan!



SATAN/BURGLAR: This is a proud day for ice-hockey and baron-subversion of terrorism-financing in North America.



Satan ('Burglar') goes on to publish a book titled Dualism: How to be an ice-hockey player and bank-robber which wins him the Pulitzer in 2022.



SATAN: I need to retire from sporting life now, find a new Elmont girl to marry, and play ice-hockey games on Xbox.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on July 26, 2021
Last Updated on July 26, 2021
Tags: Ice-Hockey, Heist

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing