Rising Stars: Photo-Dix

Rising Stars: Photo-Dix

A Story by Abishai100
"

A diorama about the unusual 'magic' of camera-distancing.

"
A Saturday night-nod to the magic of magazine-imagination (e.g., StardustEsquireMaximNaturePeople, etc.). Enjoy! 
----

====

A Princeton prince is a photojournalist who's love of the film Manhattan drew him to a subject-project involving the magic of photogenic people in settings and visages.



The photojournalist, Amlan Satan (code-name: 'Thespian') had been photojournalism-heavy in blood-diamond news in Sierra Leone but now chose a more naturalism subject in photogenic invidualism.



Satan/Thespian studied at Princeton and then photography master's at Brown before traveling to Sierra Leone and then back to North America for this naturalism project which had him return to the Brown campus for leads/inspiration ideas, given its idyllic atmospheric campus!



SATAN: I'll be a 'collector' of dreams for this photo-subject project, and I think I'll collect gems in Europe.



Satan/Thespian took a KLM flight from JFK to Paris and then to Amsterdam and Madrid and India for his various snapshots of living photogenic nature in street-life.



SATAN/THESPIAN: I'd like to capture the essence of the human/social fascination with 'catching' serendipity!



The Polaroid had become Satan's special 'tool' or magic-weapon, using it to derive special magic and imagery regarding the appeal of transcendental visages of walking people who re-presented our species fascination with vitality, celebrity, fantasy, and of course, rational daydreams.



SATAN/THESPIAN: I need to get inspired/energized with great Euro-food first, as Shakespeare might do.



Then, Satan/Thespian started flashing away with his Polaroid, looking for photogenic magic in Europe/Asia that reflected our modern and perhaps timeless curiosity about walking sensory vivaciousness. The magic was not in the youth but in what the lens captures regarding street-designs.



SATAN/THESPIAN: My subjects re-present the vitality/celebrity of the social experience as captured with camera-darkness.



Satan then went to a foreign US military training camp/site where he found a very photogenic US soldier whose photo he simply had to capture, and he commented, "This is the visage of timeless admiration of beautiful confidence!"



He then decided to ground all this work down to basic and well-known photo-images of profound human-nature scenes, taken from very iconic anthropological magazines.



SATAN/THESPIAN: The nature of man is to coordinate photo-magic with marketing-diagonals.



Satan/Thespian then turned his attention to cafe-visitors who'd happened to be rising artists, and their photogenic qualities reminded the journeyman why, for example, movie-makers focused on traveling wanderers in subjects about offbeat serendipity or fortune-ambitions, as did Elia Kazan.



SATAN/THESPIAN: The camera never lies, but we yearn for it to tell a more fortunate truth!



He then found images/photos of iconic pirates and decided to himself dress up like a 'modern' pirate for a photo-study in the 'visage' of acquired/tasteful daydreams. This was a project in the camera-magic behind pedestrian storytelling. He'd become a pirate through the camera!



SATAN/THESPIAN: This will inspire a lovely youth-story about the strange magic of life found in the maze of nature itself.



SATAN: If the nature of celebrity is to praise fortune, the magic of the camera lies in the 'truth' of dogma.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on August 1, 2021
Last Updated on August 1, 2021
Tags: Celebrity

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing