ChessKing: Irish Dimes

ChessKing: Irish Dimes

A Story by Abishai100
"

An American 'chess-wizard' from Asia travels to Northern Ireland and has an encounter with the 'deep magic' of democracy-distances.

"
A love-letter to Irish politics, inspired by The Devil's Own. Enjoy (and God bless!), 
----

====

Amlan Satan (origin: India/Algeria) is a blood-diamond infiltration-agent with Interpol-relations evaluating the 'chess matrix' of modern terrorism-financing and how it threatens political negotiations between mainstream groups like Sinn Fein and Parliament.



He's considered the finest chess-king in Interpol-relations networks, and he's often sent to play chess-games with dastardly barons and rogue/ex-terrorists seeking to use modern terrorism-profiteerism to create underworld dominions with piracy orientations (e.g., Black Mask).



Satan (code-name: Storm-Shadow) is on his way to Belfast (Northern Ireland) now to evaluate how blood-diamond traffic is threatening the work of Sinn Fein and Catholic-Protestant peace-talks in Parliament. Satan is enjoying his view of Belfast and green Northern Ireland riding on its iconic railways and takes diary-notes of what comprises modern Republicanism and religious pluralism between Catholics and Protestants!



Along the way, Satan (Amlan) meets a beautiful and haunting Irish woman named Shelbye who insists she's a mystic angel with a special message from heaven itself. He thinks she's mad, but she insists she's telling him a deep secret about the mythical 'thorn' created by the deep rift between the Catholic and Protestant communities within the holy/sacred Christian church around the globe. Satan ('Storm-Shadow') decides to listen to this mystical if eccentric female storyteller.



She tells him, "You must think deeply of what constituted the years/legacy of deep ninja-like defiance by the Irish Catholic minority against the awesome power of the Protestant British Empire in the 20th Century. They'd learned to fight with great primal resourcefulness and find creative ways to engage guerrilla tactics to convert unbearable policies into an opportunity for organized self-invented governance...a form of democracy folklore."



SATAN: So many lives have been lost during this horrific Catholic-Protestant rift in Europe, in the United Kingdom and Ireland.



Satan thinks of his younger days at Dartmouth learning of the iconic and equally symbolic struggle of India to obtain independence from the British Empire and how civil disobedience forced the UK to relinquish control of the small Asian nation but not without much drama and struggle. This is not unlike the Irish condition --- there's much poetry and suffering.



SHELBYE: Now you're seeing the full scope and depth of the depths of human failure, Amlan.
SATAN (Amlan): There seems to be a great art-contouring regarding the re-presentation of socialized distancing.



Satan recounts his education and experience learning about the troubles Irish Catholics and various guerrilla factions in recent times such as the Provisional Irish Republican Army had in creating/forging special forces of anti-colonial stance so that improved conditions for the Irish Catholic minority would be wrought...regardless of the scale and scope of human paranoia!



SATAN: Maybe what the good Catholic-Protestant community in Belfast (Northern Ireland) needs is good comic book art!



After this dreamy tour of the deep metaphysical contour of human religious pluralism (Catholics-Protestants) in modern Europe/UK, Amlan Satan (code-name: Storm-Shadow) decides to travel to a rich Belfast inn for bed-and-breakfast and meets the beautiful Irish daughter of the innkeeper, whose name is also Shelbye. He tells Shelbye he's in love with her and has engaged with a rich mystic-woman named Shelbye regarding the richness/history of Catholic-Protestant histories in Ireland and Northern Ireland. This Shelbye's shocked and whispers to him, "You're blessed by an angel, for that mystic-woman is a ghost of a deceased storyteller who's been reported to be seen wandering around, but she's never spoken to anyone until you, good man!"



Amlan married Shelbye and brought her to America, and one Christmas, they enjoyed watching the Republicanism oriented Hollywood (USA) film The Devil's Own (Alan J. Pakula) and meditated on the allure of socialized democracy cinema.



SATAN: I shall design for you wonderful green-Irish stylized Indian sarees for you, my dear wife.
SHELBYE: We shall never forget your dreamy education in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
SATAN: May beauty transcend the cold realities of governance-disarray.



AMLAN SATAN ('Storm-Shadow'): The reality behind the magic of democracy is the struggle to maintain dialogue.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on August 21, 2021
Last Updated on August 21, 2021
Tags: Irish Fable, Democracy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing