Alas

Alas

A Story by Abishai100
"

A prophecy-warrior is mired in a modern civilization 'cyber-adventure' of great democracy exorcism but must endure the raw limits of Earthly diet.

"
A fantasy-adventure about great dystopian crusades, inspired by Aeon Flux. Hope you like, 
----

====

The modern city was dark and foreboding but the encroaching complexity of darkness was invisible, created by manmade vanities. A Catholic nun named Nina was worried that there'd be no force or human will to harness the energies necessary to control or reign in such anarchy and preyed to God she'd have a prophecy-son who'd bring balance and harmony to Earth.



NINA: This prophecy-sun I shall pray for will be a testament to the magic of will in the face of legions of potent intelligence!



The heavens were graceful and bestowed upon Nina a magical begotten prophecy-son named Alas who grew up with a preternatural sense of metaphysical missions and the need to advocate democracy in a modern civilization overrun by forms of rogue terrorism-financing, underworld crime syndicates, infinite warlocks of dark magic and mystique, and sirens or serpent-women of ultimate disorientation. Alas studied in the Ivy League and learned political psychology and cognitive science theories which harnessed his interests in using the natural force of mental control to administer warrior-like wave-energies of socialized democratic persuasion. He'd engage with enemies of brutish strength, indescribable philosophical allure, and irresistible beauty and danger. Alas trained in the ways of jungle meditation and ninja intelligence and guerrilla survival and began an online Internet-blogging campaign, presenting himself as a self-proclaimed 'vigilante' of cyber-network values regarding the temperance of capitalism vanities in a modern world defined by network labyrinths. He was the prophecy-son of daylight his mother Nina had prayed she'd receive for a dose of Earthly sanity!



ALAS: My adversaries take the form of undeniable magicians and 'aliens' of urban veils of capitalism astral darkness!



Alas'd contend with ideas about controlling rogue financing for ex-terrorists resourcing private methods of ultimate anarchy and subverting governance negotiations among religious groups in places like the United Kingdom where police-military retaliation violence only enflamed the passions of guerrilla chaos. Therefore, Alas, the prophecy-son of daylight, blogged on the Internet about the magical value of working as an infiltration agent of underworld financing detours and persuasions of democratic detours to prevent mercenaries from destroying the work of capitalism and governance veiled angels.



This was a Tribulation to preserve the very sanctity of institutional infrastructures that would facilitate the convenience of globalized cyber-capitalism, preventing the devastation of commerce-network diadems like the World Trade Center and London Bridge, and Alas became sort of a 'dark knight' of the defense of basic civilization architecture, a dystopian rendition of Robin Hood or Abraham Lincoln!



Alas was an extraordinary Othello board-game player and challenged his underworld nihilistic adversaries in this arena of civilization power-realms in cyber-clubs. They accepted his invitations since he presented himself as a 'simple' challenger of the dogma of undeniable power-piracy. He claimed his Othello-style of play/strategy would draw out the 'intelligence' of controlled social power distribution. His Othello-style involved strategies of using grid-space piece placements for line and area motion boxing that created certain orientations of very strong/effective advancement balancing. His enemies were directed towards more limited forms of power-motion self-sustainability and wouldn't deny his power-play strategy revealed a certain pragmatism regarding controlled distancing!



Alas was now a cyber-knight of civilization democracy advocacy, helping world councils and governments create boundaries of capitalism fair-negotiations through convenient network diagrams while engaging his underworld adversaries like tycoon-warlords to consider the raw practicality of balancing power-motions with lines of more socially responsive profit-diaries. All this turned Alas the 'dark knight' into a prophecy-messenger of the value of simply controlled piracy imagination. Some considered Alas the Tribulation's response and likened him to a 'teacher' version of Shiva, god of destruction/meditation. His fans, small in number, considered him the ninja-knight of Tribulation faith.



As this vigilante-knight, Alas the cyber-ninja was challenged in the street-imagination by a very powerful strength-enhanced Devil's Advocate named Ban who used his brutish strength to create undeniable forms of power construction as a way to harness the profits behind raw criminal anarchy. Alas engaged Ban with a simple fist-riddle --- "Let he who has no humility cast the first blows of capitalism ditches."



His mother told him from a young age that his mission/crusade to advocate democracy to a world challenged by humility would lead him to contend with powerful 'Babylon women' of great mystery and magic, women who'd leave the aspiring ninja-knight to feel more or less completely alone in this cause for great Earth imagination valor. As such, he'd be destined to be only a 'courtier' of love and never ever a master of romance. He never found the woman-warrior who'd be willing or interested in complementing him as an angel of governance but merely as some-time 'nurses' of empathy-convenience based courtship. Alas didn't regret feeling lonely, though he considered his mission of lonely wandering spiritual exorcism a sign that his fate was one of humbled praise of beauty --- not of the elation of female fire.



ALAS: As a 'little prince' of this Earthly mission, my crusade is one of priestly devotion and lonely but inspired adventures!



NINA: You may not find romance, my son, but seek the divine courtesy of the gestures of hospitality towards random women.



Alas remained a lonely 'dark knight' in this Earth mission to curb the forces of haunting infinite intrigue surrounding the limitless potential of capitalism's underworld and geometry. He followed his mother's advice and extended great gestures of hospitable courtship towards those women in this Tribulation world who's consent to enjoy Valentine's Day dinners and intimacy with him, but he remained a wandering soul, a swordsman and cyber-vigilante seeking the limitations of the mysterious 'blue flowers' of metaphysical distances.



ALAS: Sometimes I wonder if I should feel the deep regret of loneliness.
GIRLFRIEND: You're not exactly husband-material, wandering man.
ALAS: I find often no honor in such a fated description!
GIRLFRIEND: Your fate may be one of absolute praise...not passion.
ALAS: I at least enjoy the fruits of heavenly admiration...of peace!
GIRLFRIEND: That's all any woman you 'court' will offer you, sad Alas.
ALAS: This mission is of great importance to me...to offer visions of sanity.
GIRLFRIEND: Well, then, we women who opt to love you are simply your some-time nurses of vacation.
ALAS: Every warrior has a weakness...I suppose mine is the emptiness of manly charms!
GIRLFRIEND: Perhaps you're a poet of labors...not wishes.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on August 30, 2021
Last Updated on August 30, 2021
Tags: Fantasy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Scout-Think Scout-Think

A Story by Abishai100