Movie-Maker

Movie-Maker

A Story by Abishai100
"

A diorama about the quality of movie-making/media imagination and why it may stir...direction.

"
A simple fan-diorama about the creative energy behind movie-making, inspired loosely by the American 'dowry' film The Player (Tim Robbins). Enjoy (signing off)! 
----
====

A movie-studio executive was thinking of his contributions to a certain production of a new film being produced/made about a fantasy-island composed of fantastic Centurions and warriors. This exec, Amlan, wanted to establish the human relations among the members of the movie production crew and company. Amlan wanted to appreciate the social input of all the members and was considered a rather democratic exec.



AMLAN: Making movies is about crafting psychology with traffic sensitivity, and we've got to understand the human formula.



Amlan is a rather wealthy movie-company exec and boasts his gold Countach when he's driving around the sunny hills of southern California (USA). This new ambitious film about a 'fantasy-island' of fantastic Centurions/warriors will reflect Amlan's social investment in the 'gold' of socialized distancing!



Now, a movie production set is quite complex, and it involves the work/cooperation of the camera-men, set-designers, actors, director(s), and producers/execs who 'all' want to have a 'say' in the process of film-making. Amlan is noting the interactions of these crew-members during the filming/production of this Centurion/warrior story which will be rather illustrious and gold-ornamental in presentation/re-presentation!



AMLAN: The images we take/distribute for the public re-present our goal to cast this story in terms of the human drama!



Now, society is all about psychology/traffic, and when we turn on the TV and enjoy an iconic media-broadcast American football game, we're noting all the 'participants' in this social exercise/activity, and we note the colors and attitudes of the various human beings involved in the 'project' of social activity presentation. It's a rather 'demo' enterprise for diaries of dollars! We might, for example, note the football-team 'cheerleaders' who represent social distancing.



We might turn on a cable-TV broadcast of a Euro-club soccer game from Poland or Germany featuring iconic/festive fans and athletes engaged in dramatic forms of sports-activity cheering. These fans in media platform re-present our socialized focus on the qualities of fitness, energy, style, and of course, victory.



During the production of the Centurion/warriors film, Amlan the exec, notices one of the actresses, who's been in an unusually pensive mood as she's situated in the various film-scenes/images. Amlan starts wondering what she seems to be thinking about so deeply and distantly and decides to start taking journal-notes about this actress's demeanor on the film-set.



AMLAN: This film-company actress seems quite focused on the tone of the story-themes, as if she's 'lost' in the complexity.



Amlan begins to wonder if this Centurion/warriors film-company actress on-set is thinking too much about the gravity/density of this fantastic modern film about ancient/fantasy warfare. He decides to ask her, "Are you worried about the authenticity of the social distances involved with combat storytelling, young lady?" to which she oddly replies, "I can't feeling 'out-of-place' in this canonical tale of warriors-gone-mad, man."



AMLAN: Social exercises always generate 'deep thoughts' or worries, and we need 'media' to choreograph the imagination!



This is the era of Planet Hollywood, Starbucks, and Facebook. Everyone's thinking about the energy behind these public-presented platforms for thinking, exercise, comfort, and lifestyle/imagination. We start to think about the very 'nature' of human acrobatics when we imagine we're erecting special forms of democracy.



AMLAN: If media's to create a 'yoga' for global activity, we need to understand links between news...and depression!



Being a 'movie-maker' in these times of media-proliferation can be complex indeed, but when a thoughtful/diligent movie-maker or set-exec (like Amlan!) is immersed in the evaluations of socialized drama, we can be certain that what we're about to receive is symbolic images of human dialogue. Isn't that the real drama of movie-making...unpredictability?

====
"Money is everything (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on January 17, 2022
Last Updated on January 17, 2022
Tags: Entertainment, Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
World Order World Order

A Story by Abishai100