Tales from the Darkside

Tales from the Darkside

A Story by Abishai100
"

A strange-world vignette about wrought/yearning magic from conditions of everyday Earth duties.

"
Alright, one last one to sign off with, no sports (once more) but a fanfiction of Tales from the Darkside. Enjoy! 
----
====

In a special New England shopping-mall, a pair of female college students liked to walk and take pictures and they especially liked these two mannequin-dolls from a craft-store boutique inside the mall itself.



One mannequin was a life-size masked 'maudlin-thespian' named Satan, and these college girlfriends decided to buy the doll and bring it to their shared New England condo and kept it by their sunlit window.



One night, while the girls slept after a night of Vodka, they began to hear noises and awoke in terror and decided to prowl around the condo with their flashlights to see what the buzz was and discovered their mannequin-lifesize figurine (Satan) had come to life and had become something like a 'fiddler on the roof' of their condo. They asked the figurine-mutation to stay with them in their condo and pretend that he was a live-in housekeeping 'nurse' who guarded against Coronavirus hygiene fears, which he did, as the masked 'pirate-man' named Amlan.



The girls were so pleased with Amlan (Satan) that they returned to the New England mall and purchased the other fascinating doll of note, a smaller figurine of a gypsy-lady named Esmerelda, which they brought home with them. They decided to keep Esmerelda inside their condo-den, just as they'd 'placed' Satan the mannequin by their lit window, before he became a human. Esmerelda stood in their condo-den, and the girls drank Vodka again that night...to celebrate!



ESMERELDA: I've come to life, girls, just as Satan (Amlan) had, and we'll have a merry time here in your condo as a family.



The girls moved to a very nice and larger residence some months later (with Esmerelda and Amlan Satan!) and enjoyed as the two dolls-turned-humans played on the new glassy red 'magic' piano they purchased with saved-money with sales of valuable WWII antiques inherited from generations past. This 'red piano' became a darkness symbol of what these college girlfriends had 'wrought' out of the strangely experience of yearning for magic in life through mystical communion with 'spirits' crossed-over from the 'other side' of the mirror of consciousness, to enjoy piano-music and simply friendship.



ESMERELDA: You've all promised to keep this family a dark secret, and we'll remain friends until the day we all vanish.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on January 21, 2022
Last Updated on January 21, 2022
Tags: Mysticism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing