Library of Congress: American Ninja

Library of Congress: American Ninja

A Story by Abishai100
"

A wry parody about American sanity and fake-crime staging designed to draw out a 'Headless Horseman' ghost inside the 'dish' Library!

"
A parody about actual/serious antiterrorism work invoking imaginations about Homeland Security and cultural folk-tales, inspired loosely by The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Washington Irving). 
----
====

The Library of Congress (DC) is a place of great symbolic value in US history and civilization itself. Many important books are found there, and even in this new era of cyber-engaged access to information/records/knowledge, this proud institutional construction remains a beacon for traffic intelligence and knowledge and securities.



On a given working weekday, you might find a number of people visiting the iconic/symbolic Library of Congress (DC), perhaps to find representative books/works on Native-American history, capitalism theory-books, police records, world folk-tales, and municipal revolution(s). There might be a beautiful American history teacher from Georgetown looking for an Adam Smith work or The Education of Henry Adams.



"The interior of the awesome/amazing Library of Congress (DC) truly reminds any visitor why a library is perfect" (Visitor).



The catalog and shelves-stacks area of all the valuable books and prints and manuscripts in this incredible Library of Congress (DC) re-present a US civilization view/lens on the histories of national/cultural development(s), and that's why it's so important to keep it clean/safe from the developed modern threat of terrorism/vandalism!



My name's Amlan Satan (code-name: Storm-Shadow), and I'm an Algerian-American 'homegrown terrorist' who's going to make some homemade HCL acid on DC grass and load it into my toy water-gun inserted with a protective thin glass tube and plan to walk into the symbolic/iconic Library of Congress (DC) with an 'agenda' for madness.



LIBRARY OFFICIAL: This 'fellow' Satan walked in wearing a heavy Coronavirus-protection gear/hat and had a toy gun, claiming he was from a local theater-company doing a street-show about costumed pedestrianism in the nation's capital and only wanted 'iPhone snapshots' of the book-stacks!



I consider myself an 'American ninja' in the truest sense of the term since I'm not a defender-samurai of American soccer/glory but rather an infiltrating 'homegrown lone-terrorist' inspired by the works of the Unabomber. I walk into the Library of Congress (DC) disguised/geared as an 'eccentric theater' man, and I only want to use my 'acid-gun' to burn some books in the stacks-shelves of controversial American history/culture, such as the destruction of Native-American clans.



Once inside, I dart-mouth to the Native-American stacks and find the books I wish to simply 'corrode' with my toy 'acid-gun' I've got in my pocket, and I proceed to take those fake-PR 'theater-street' photos of the books/shelves with my handy-dandy smartphone-camera. This is deep infiltrations-work, and it's post-9/11 era American turbulence.



I find the right Native-American works/books, containing controversial/incendiary works about the developing intrigue and 'troubles' linked to the erosion of Indian clans/peoples since colonial times. I decided to burn/corrode only a handful of these books with my toy acid-gun but for now only take these books out for private study through the Library.



I run into a beautiful Georgetown professor of linguistics who identifies me as a co-teacher at the valued American school. The library attendant wonders what she's so giddy about when she says, "Why's Dr. Satan dressed like a clown/terrorist?" and I have to whisper in her ear, "I'm doing a funny media antiterrorism 'stunt' for my new DC Library fiction-novel, so I'd appreciate you not expose me before I make my theatrical fake-fiasco!"



It's too late --- the library attendant has informed the DC police there may be 'funny monkey-business' going on at the Library, and they arrive and take me to the roof of a neighboring building and demand to know my full intentionality, and I explain I was trying to 'fake' a terrorism-message with the help of a library attendant to expose a modern crime-operation involving the burning/vandalism of Library of Congress books. They believe me.



LIBRARY ATTENDANT: You mean, you're not a 'terrorist' or prankster as you seemed to be to everyone?
SATAN (Me!): No, sir, that's right; I was 'staging' a theater-fiasco inside the library with no intention to burn books.
LIBRARY ATTENDANT: So, you just wanted to 'seem' like you were 'perhaps' a vandal/terrorist before making your act?
SATAN (Me!): That's right; you see, I'm working on a Library fiction-novel about a shelves-books area ghost haunting.
LIBRARY ATTENDANT: Why go to all the trouble with your 'acid-gun' to make yourself 'seem' like a criminal, Satan?
SATAN (Me!): That's to 'catch' the attention of the real/actual ghost haunting the Library of Congress, good sir.
LIBRARY ATTENDANT: What, you mean there's a 'real' ghost/specter haunting the Library in DC?
SATAN (Me!): Follow me; let's see if we can both spot her by the shelves-books area.
LIBRARY ATTENDANT: Alright!



The mission is completed and my theater-stunt with careful precision has managed to draw out the 'presence' of the haunting ghost/specter inside the Library of Congress (DC). She's an old eerie woman and asks me, "Is this library safe, good man?" to which I amusingly reply, "Only such an American building such as this one would be secure from the evils of crime, old ghost!" This has been a truly 'American' ghost-story about antiterrorism...and detective-work.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on January 23, 2022
Last Updated on January 23, 2022
Tags: American Folklore

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing