Gog.Magog

Gog.Magog

A Story by Abishai100
"

A diary-like vignette about the quality of modernism, presented through the lens of media-messaging 'doctors.'

"
Signing off after all with a civilization-diary (modernism), inspired by Virtuosity
----

====

Two very different 'media figures' intersected in La Jolla (USA) while attending the Symphony at Salk. One is a movie-star and the other an Internet-blogging democracy writer. La Jolla became a nexus for the two American figures in this tale.



They met and became fast secret buddies and took an Aeroflot flight to Moscow where they'd work together on a special media campaign about the danger of blood-diamond traffic in modern capitalism (TV ad corruptions).



The movie-star, Jake, represented a modern 'aesthetic' regarding the flowery linked to the hype surrounding dollars behind glamour and capitalism.



The other, Amlan, is a Net-blogging democracy writer who's studied blood-diamond corruption in Eastern Europe and prepares for this 'suited' mission for capitalism dialogue using media channels.



A Moscow 'fanzine' called Jake/Amlan comparable to the mythical kingdoms of Gog and Magog, symbolizing the complexity of socialized politics (e.g., democracy) and public forum markets (e.g., MTV). That's why while they're in Europe, the authorities/police regard them as security-messengers!



JAKE: I drive a re-engineered Countach which reminds me why speed can be both elegant and thoughtful!



AMLAN: I use robot-comics avatars like Perceptor (science-microscope) which symbolize civilization distancing!



As Jake/Amlan don the metaphorical 'mantles' of Gog/Magog in this blood-diamond media-dialogue 'operation' in Europe (Eastern), they're considered to be emerging as modernism defenders of a special aesthetic oriented towards the media and education era of playspace-themed dollars (e.g., Nickelodeon).



NEW YORKER: To think modern media engagement is neglectful may surface as 'dangerous' heresy in forms!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on February 1, 2022
Last Updated on February 1, 2022
Tags: Globalism, Media, Modernism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing