The Girl with Distances

The Girl with Distances

A Story by Abishai100
"

Alex the writer invites guests (mostly pretty girls) to his Canadian house to get personality ideas for his new novel but confronts a real psycho who might derail his detention.

"
One last non-sports vignette, inspired by Scream
----
====

Alex lived in a nice snowy house in Canada and was working on his great American novel about discovering adventure through meetings with new faces/people in North America.



Alex took his literary ideas from various net-society images featuring iconic stills of great or everyday Americans in poses signifying confidence, charm, class, or credence.



He drove a Saab and would take long drives to determine what his newest idea would be for an addition/enhancement to his great American novel.



He decided to start keeping a 'writing journal' in which he's try to fuse his experience with deriving creative thoughts with living life to get ideas for creative writing or 'translations' of life in Western civilization!



However, Alex's ideas started running dry, so he decided to make an inventive change. He decided to start inviting people, strangers he'd meet online, to his Canadian home where they'd tell him about themselves and he'd decide if he'd include their 'personalities' in his novel. He invited an actress first who portrayed Medieval princesses in local stage-performances (theater companies of local origins!).



He then invited a sports-cheerleader to see if he'd include a personality of someone enthralled by Western sports-culture and media-markets for athletes to derive an identity for social infusion with social activity. This new method of interviewing 'guests' to find the right personage for his new novel suddenly seemed quite clever and fruitful, and his writing picked up again.



Alex then made a long-drive to the UPenn library to get some ideas from one of his favorite authors who wrote about the 'human condition in transit' but in 'place' from Ireland (James Joyce). At this library reading/research session, Alex the writer decided that he'd actually use the 'concept' of setting to cook up imaginations about intelligence!



Alex returned to his Canadian house and decided to invite yet another 'guest' to interview, and this new guest was a circus-performer who liked to travel all around Eastern Europe and was currently in North America for a Russian performance. The man's name was Alex (too!) and when he walked into Alex the writer's house in a rabbit-mask, Alex the writer wondered if he'd invited a 'stranger' from hell.



ALEX-1 (writer): You're rather 'odd' fellow, Rabbit-Man.
ALEX-2 (stranger): Hey, call me that...Rabbit-Man.
ALEX-1: I can see why you might like such an alias...in that colorful rabbit-mask, man.
ALEX-2: Indeed.
ALEX-1: So, tell me about yourself, Rabbit-Man.
ALEX-2: I'm a bloody killer.
ALEX-1: What (like you portray one in the circus)?
ALEX-2: No, man...I mean...I'm a bloody killer (for real).
ALEX-1: What do you want here now, Rabbit-Man?
ALEX-2: I'd like to kill you, of course.
ALEX-1: Why?
ALEX-2: Because I'm a bloody killer?
ALEX-1: You have something against writers or something?
ALEX-2: Nope...I kill a cross-section of society individuals!
ALEX-1: I'm just a humble writer, and I have no political entanglements or solicitations.
ALEX-2: So?
ALEX-1: You'd be killing a simple continental passerby...it'd be like drunk-driving!
ALEX-2: So?
ALEX-1: I've a brilliant idea --- I'll take you to the local drive-in to enjoy a movie with you.
ALEX-2: And?
ALEX-1: And...if you decide you're enjoying engaging with a writer/artist who loves storytelling, you'll spare me!
ALEX-2: So, I shall spare an 'artist' and not pursue this agenda of bloody murder, then?
ALEX-1: Precisely, Rabbit-Man.
ALEX-2: Alright; you better hope I like this drive-in movie.
ALEX-1: I do!



Alex the writer was spared by this psycho ('Rabbit-Man') who had the same name he had. Alex decided to change the subject of his 'great American novel' --- he decided to write about the emotional/creative inspiration(s) that would propel an artist-writer to create multiple inventive works-of-fiction all based on the drive-in movie experience in Western civilization. Ironically then, the 'Rabbit-Man' ended up being Alex the writer's 'greatest' idea stimulator. Alex never saw Rabbit-Man again, and he'd not recognize him if he did...since he wore that strange rabbit-mask the entire time they were together.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on February 28, 2022
Last Updated on February 28, 2022
Tags: Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing