Faerie Drink(s)

Faerie Drink(s)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A narrated presentation of an intellectual-mystic on pursuit of faerie myths and considering his own 'human' dream(s).

"
A metaphysics-optimism vignette inspired by FairyTale: A True Story
----


====

I'm conducting a special theosophical-metaphysics study about the possible existence of 'faeries' (tiny winged humanoid creatures of mystical forest intelligence with messages of ideals/omens) perhaps because I work in an academic environment where the snow and layout foster special magical daydreams.



My name's Amlan Satan, and I've been investigating the tangible intellectualism behind faerie mythology/myths. Why would there exist small human-shaped 'beings' with magical messages living in the Earth's forest(s)? Are these flying tiny agents of magic/optimism reminders of our failure(s) in general sociology/civilization or a yearning for greater democracy? This concern makes me weary/nerdy.



I consider myself a 'Sherlock Holmes' of great metaphysics detective-work(s). I'll be traveling all over New England this winter-season to take candid black-and-whites of forest-town layouts and present the argument(s) of why/how 'faeries' might creep into our human consciousness with messages satisfying...any Sherlock.



I think of myself as Sir Lancelot, the fabled if tragic English first-knight who'd been mired in controversy/intrigue despite a valiant skill with swordsplay in the time of King Arthur. The work I do with faerie-study may bring me to arenas of controversy and reputation ruin, since such mythology inquiries are never equated with actual scientific work(s). However, just as Lancelot dealt with all the manner(s) of demo-prestige, I too have to work through the peer-community challenge(s) of self-determination.



So, I was camping in the forest-town area close to Hanover (New England) when I was trying to doze off to sleep (dreamland) and when I woke in the middle of the night, I saw a 'cool procession' of strange winged miniature humanoids playing a strange tune with flutes and other instruments about basic child-like patriotism, a 4th of July tune. When I woke, I thought I simply dreamt the image(s)!



When I rolled into town the next day for a diner brunch of creamed-chipped beef on bread, I noticed a curious young girl with a terrific instant-camera, resembling a fantastic toy, and she insisted to take my photo with it and asked me, "Are you a faerie?"



My wife Sandy's a sports-cheerleader and actually believes I'm secretly a faerie who became a human-born man but with faerie roots.



It's preposterous to think such a thing, because I've been working diligently on my computer on faerie-analysis and can't vouch for any 'wild' theory that my basic natural human fascination with the mystical and metaphysical suggests/argues that I myself may be some kind of evolutionary deviant/hybrid with 'faerie' roots. After all, I'm a scientist!



Whether or not faeries exist is not as important as considering the human rational motive(s) to cast the fantastic/unusual as somehow...democratic.



It's true --- I have some kind of faerie roots in my DNA --- what's more important is to think about the thing(s) of scientific diligence...and destiny! By the way, little girl with the camera at the diner in Hanover --- I am a faerie!

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on March 4, 2022
Last Updated on March 4, 2022
Tags: Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing