Pen-Pal

Pen-Pal

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two 'young Americans' on opposite sides of the country connect after cyber pen-pal excellence(s) and discover 'real' divinity!

"
Can this modern era of great commercial 'totems/diadems' like Facebook and online games promote real 'imagination(s)' about the 'value(s)' of human distance(s), connection(s), friendship(s)...and depth? Inspired loosely by You've Got Mail (Nora Ephron). 
----

====
Amlan liked to get online and work-out his personal issues with socialization and interaction(s) by 'connecting' with the other(s) online as a cyber pen-pal. He chatted with various individuals and made social-ties on the cyber-community and became an affable person who'd become known as a thinker of American value(s) and friendship(s) and exhibited some eccentric signs of confidence fear(s). He made a really positive connection with a pen-pal from California, a beautiful young woman he'd never met or seen a photo of, and likewise, she'd never met him or seen his photo! However, these two cyber-pals quickly became conversation-artists and great buddies. Finally, Amlan decided to meet this pen-pal in person and reveal to her that he'd been a prince of inherited fortune(s) and loved to play Monopoly (Parker Brothers), the iconic/symbolic real-estate board-game. They met at a Barnes & Nobles bookstore cafe sitting-area.
----
AMLAN: Thanks so much for connecting with me, Shelley.
SHELLEY (pen-pal): You're a great online buddy, Amlan!
AMLAN: It's great to finally see you face-to-face, Shelley.
SHELLEY: So, you're a 'prince of inheritance' in New England, eh?
AMLAN: Yep; and I like to think of ways to involve you in my life.
SHELLEY: I'm a football (sports) cheerleader, buddy.
AMLAN: Wow; I have to go to one of your great games.
SHELLEY: You must...pen-pal.
----
Would this develop into a cyber-network of real human/social value and/or even a budding personal relationship? One thing was certain --- Shelley/Amlan comprised a terrific human association reflective of the outstanding cyber pen-pal experience they'd made quite symbolic of the amenity of modern Internet convenience(s). Amlan started to really 'hash-out' his sense of social phobia(s), as he began to share with Shelley (in real-life!) what made his life of prince-fortune(s) potentially a 'thing' of excellent emotional happiness and likewise she'd share with him what made her sports-cheerleading life a thing of modern American vibrance. Both in their early 30s, these two 'young Americans' who connected on the West Coast when Amlan went out to Cali to see her, had started to see the merits of what would make their shared hobbies in American gems an unfolding chest to create 'real' dowry.
----
====
----
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

----

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on March 5, 2022
Last Updated on March 5, 2022
Tags: Diary, Cyber

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
World Order World Order

A Story by Abishai100