Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu

A Story by Abishai100
"

A description of the 'feat' of the great hero-son Abhimanyu during the great War described in the Indian epic Mahabharata!

"
A special Indian-epic fanfiction comic book story featuring the amazing tragic hero of the Pandava, son of Prince Arjuna, the great Abhimanyu who'd managed to perform a 'miracle' during the great War before being killed in that same war. Enjoy, 
----





====

The great War was already underway and the two families of great might and intelligence, the Pandava and the Kaurava, were battling with their two mighty forces on the fields of Ancient India (Asia). Lord Krishna aided the legendary deity-like brotherhood of the Pandava, while many other forces and thrones were on the side of the ambitious Kaurava who'd already tried to banish/extinguish the amazing magic of the Pandava. Arjuna, the 'captain' of the Pandava, was challenged/defied by his half-brother Karna, the mysterious and rebellious pseudo-captain of the Kaurava who'd sought to enflame the ambitions of the Kaurava by appealing to the wrathful nature of the leader Duryodhana, the eldest son of the bling Kaurava king Dhritarasthra.

Arjuna had communed on the snowy mountains of the Himalayas with Lord Shiva, the destroyer, himself and learned to hold his powers over weaponry and was guided by Lord Krishna to be a perfect prince of the great War. Meanwhile, Arjuna's rival, Karna, sought to augment his dark 'gifts' with the aid of the wise princely sage Bhishma who's destined for a legendary (if tragic) death during the great War, unknown even to himself. This was the natural 'face' of the war, and the characters were arrayed in splendors and honor(s). This was a time of intrigue and political machinations and great intelligence(s). However, despite all these wondrous characters, the kings and their guiding wives, the warriors and their forest queens, the deities and their apprentices on the battlefield(s), one princely-warrior, Abhimanyu, was considered somehow a 'sideshow' of this great affair.

Now, Abhimanyu was the son of Arjuna and wanted to prove himself during the great War. However, his father remained obstinate and hoped to 'shield' his great and beautiful son from the horror(s) of kingdom's battle(s). However, on the 13th day of this dreaded War, Abhimanyu learned that the wizard-aided Kaurava had 'schemed' to erect a special field-advancing circle of death, composed of shields and spears, known as the Padmavyuha, which none of the Pandava warriors or their deity-guides, including Lord Krishna himself, knew how to penetrate/subside! It was only the shrewd and amazing archer Abhimanyu who'd known how to destroy this horrendous machinery of the War. Therefore, on the 13th day of this timeless war, he disguised himself and entered the battle(s).

Abhimanyu shot his arrows all around the circle-shield-spear advance of the Kaurava's now dreaded Padmavyuha, which had continued to advance in fashion(s) not unlike the 'machine' behemoth of the Nazi Reich on 20th-Century Earth, a future time of comparable heavy event(s)/war(s). Abhimanyu used a dancing 'tactic' and arrow-shooting method to shoot both around the circumference of the Padmavyuha's circle of death and then arrows with perfect trajectory designed to create looping drop-shots into the center of the death circle, onto the heads of the Kaurava warriors composing the death-circle. Within 2 hours, the Padmavyuha was effectively destroyed, and it wall because of Abhimanyu's shrewd/intelligent decision(s). However, after this death-circle was subsided, Abhimanyu himself was surrounded, overcome, and assassinated. His father started into the beautiful eyes of his fallen hero-son and whispered, "Time will not forget what you achieved for this War...and its ultimate darkness!"

====



"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)


© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on March 7, 2022
Last Updated on March 7, 2022
Tags: Mahabharata

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing