The Faerie Drawing(s)

The Faerie Drawing(s)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A special North American 'club' forms to quest after some faerie-myth inquiries in Northern Ireland for a story about detention.

"
A vignette about metaphysics, referencing the odd folk-tale of the 'famous' Cottingley Fairies and inspired (very loosely) by the unusual modern film Photographing Fairies. Enjoy! 
----
====

There's a special metaphysical crusade being carried on by a new underground Theosophical Society, Dartmouth, engaged in forms of mystical inquiries regarding the existence of faeries (or fairies), winged tiny humanoids of mythological proportion(s) dwelling in misty forests and said to offer messages/omens about life direction. The faeries are said to represent/symbolize a magic regarding the 'swords' of eternity or optimism and conversely danger or intelligence.



This Theosophical Society (Dartmouth) considers their meeting hub/beacon a special secret social-house (BG) which serves as a cyber-nexus for their online communication(s) regarding development(s) in their inquiries into the existence of fairies. BG has become to Dartmouth what Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's society for faerie-inquiry was to yesteryear!



The 'captain' or president of Dartmouth is Amlan Satan, an Algerian-American economics analyst in Northern Ireland (United Kingdom) who's interested in investigating the possibility that faeries exist in the forests/woods outside Belfast. Satan gives himself a 'Sherlock Holmes' demeanor and considers this inquiry into the accessibility of the faerie-myth linked to a human curiosity about serious imaginations drawings.



AMLAN SATAN: The psyche-art coloring human civilization it seems reflects our endless curiosity about accessed dream-IQ.



It can be argued that it was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) who first gave the faerie-inquiry/investigation(s) its first significant civilization credence, and we carry this 'torch' that he lit in mainstream society to explore these further/modern inquiries into the nature of fairy-mythologies.



AMLAN SATAN (Dartmouth): The faerie-myth is likened to Catholic dogma structures, and we cast their 'shape' as eternal!



Satan is joined by his wife Beck who wants to equally invest int he activity/fund(s) of Dartmouth to explore the Northern Ireland woods to see if they may use Polaroid(s) to flash-capture images or specters/apparitions of faeries. Beck believes the faerie/fairy represents a feminine curiosity about the 'shape' of dance.



BECK: We ironically find 'comparable' imagination of motion-capture complexity in modern graphic video-game fanfare.



Beck is right. The various graphic combat-themed video-game genre offers a strange new 'modern art' regarding the motion-capture of high-intensity structures and dynamics, and these 'figurines' we find in video-games arguably compare to this Dartmouth society inquiry into the 'behavior realism' behind the faerie myth/inquiry.



AMLAN SATAN (Dartmouth): It's ironically true images from video-game 'avatars' compare to fairy-art(s) for shape-ingenuity.



Dartmouth is obviously not the first Theosophical Society, and the lists of the various members of earlier societies from yesteryear, including that engaged by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle himself, seem to capture our socialized interest in using intellectual 'tools' to pursue more 'metaphysical' understandings of what makes inquiries like faerie-existence somehow a scientific network.



Satan/Beck and the rest of the Dartmouth 'club' head out from their Northern Ireland suburban temp-residence in Satan's Maxima (auto) and towards the dense misty forests outside Belfast to see if they may find some kind of shred of evidence.



BECK: We're using special maps for the forests to pursue this interest of life-vitality linked to faerie-rationalism mapping.



As they approach the right forest outside Belfast, the Dartmouth 'club' seems to feel there's an eerie aura of life or magic in this special 'mission' to find the right clues/hues to illuminate their inquiry (naturalist in scope!) as a compass for Earth arrows for life's special eternal questions (e.g., "Is natural life somehow too dark?").



Amlan Satan considers himself a man of rather sharpened skepticism. He's been involved with faerie-inquiry for some time now, and he wonders if this work with the Dartmouth Theosophical Society will somehow be 'linked' to the nature of modern intelligence in regards to the fascination with unusual afterlife questions, life-wisdom humility, metaphysics mysteries, and life's oddness --- all of which has made this man a 'Sherlock Holmes' of Northern Ireland dreams.



BECK: The nifty Polaroid camera we're using will surely reflect our serious interest to use 'magic' to detect dragons.



Haunting photo-images of young curious minds working together to find and celebrate images or 'specters' of faerie-existence date back to some time ago and are capitulated (arguably) in the folklore behind the Cottingley Fairies news-reel which was ultimately revealed to be a rather strange hoax!



AMLAN SATAN (Dartmouth): The tale of the Cottingley Fairies oddly inspires us more, since it catapulted the dream of myths.



BECK: The story of the Cottingley Fairies of yesteryear offer us haunting images of curious minds after faerie-design(s)!



The reported 'hoax' of the incident of the Cottingley stories didn't deter future fans of this sort of metaphysical study, nor did it deflate the aspiration(s) of the Dartmouth 'club' in pursuit of some evidence of why faerie-existence somehow parallels the realism behind the mind's quest for 'real' design.



Just then, the Dartmouth 'club' believes they've encountered what can not be doubted as an hallucination or false-image! They see what seems to be certain flashing specters of glowing tiny winged humanoids with fluttering wings, and they don't seem to be dragon-flies or fireflies but actual faeries! Satan/Beck capture some quick flash-images with their handy-dandy Polaroid and kiss each other for their Catholic patience in Northern Ireland, awaiting such a miracle-moment in which their curious studies seem justified --- they've found some 'image' of what seems to be the essential intrigue surrounding the oddness of the faerie-existence (the notion of captured motion in regards to 'timeless' dance!).



AMLAN SATAN (Diary Entry): We don't know what to make of these images of captured winged humanoid-shaped glowing fluttering firefly-like 'creatures' or objects in that misty forest outside Belfast (Northern Ireland, UK), but what we do know now is that our Dartmouth 'club' has found some real inspirations regarding compasses and arrows for the inquiries into the nature of mankind's odd tendency to use 'identity' or character-shaping or body-art (e.g., robotics-designs) to explain the mysterious quality of dreams...and darkness!



BECK: Perhaps our real 'achievement' here's the acquisition of 'real-estate' reflecting Northern Ireland detentions.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on March 11, 2022
Last Updated on March 11, 2022
Tags: Mysticism, Fairies

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing