Knight takes Bishop

Knight takes Bishop

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can a real 'James Bond' usurp a baron of blood at the Derby (Kentucky) with a special destiny?

"
A Bond-fable inspired by A View to a Kill (Christopher Walken). Enjoy, 
----
====

Welcome to the world of the Kentucky Derby,  where animal scouting/rearing/training is infinitely-tied and linked to media-broadcast era grandness in an American subculture way more 'sophisticated' than the college-fraternity 'scene' in Western civilization, drawing out James Bond like faerie-tales for the masses and those interested in sport and society.



Amlan Satan is a blood-diamond operationalist who works by day as a Harvard (New England) professor of sports-marketing and tells his bright students about the values of capitalism as they relate to sports-culture in the United States.



AMLAN SATAN: I feel like a real James Bond as I stalk a Kentucky Derby blood-diamond evildoer named Walken with sabotage.



Fortunately, for this real-life James Bond of diamonds-and-horses, he's familiar with the previous year's Derby tragedy of a horse named Barbaro who suffered a tragic demise after winning the trophy, and this has affected the odds-play in the underground which Amlan Satan ('James Bond') knows the evil blood-diamond baron Walken will fold to his advantages.



AMLAN SATAN: I'll make a huge Facebook-blog prior to the Derby (USA), claiming I'm a 'fan' of Walken spying on horse-IQ$



WALKEN: I hear from the 'underground' there's some deranged-Facebook chat(s) about me, but it worry me none; I chess-win.



NEWSWIRE: The bell=ring(s), and the horses are off, and Barbaro's inheritor (Dartmouth) is stunning the crowd and the flock of racers this Derby, and believe it or not...oh goodness, it's true...our 'dark' bishop (Dartmouth) has just now pulled ahead of the 'deacon' favorite (Diameter) and will claim the post-tragedy crown!



WALKEN: That son-b***h Satan claims the trophy for Dartmouth; I'm off to New England with my diamonds; cinema-IQ waits.



SATAN (Amlan): I won...ahead of the 'infamous' Walken.
PRINCESS: He brought his 'bloody' diamonds with him today, no?
SATAN: Well, I slipped by him in mustache and swapped them with toys from pocket, dear.
PRINCESS: Oh, James Bond...
SATAN: It was worth the Dartmouth effort, Princess.
PRINCESS: You're such a handkerchief.
SATAN: One Zurich deposit for Q, and we can try our 'feet' in Belmont!



WALKEN: That 'James Bond' has sabotaged my 'dart' rep, but I'll return and expose him as some Ivy-prince (fancy lad!).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on July 18, 2022
Last Updated on July 18, 2022
Tags: Modern, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing