Galatea Penn-TV

Galatea Penn-TV

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Penn-area brainy psychologist may've stumbled upon some 'myth' dimension-secret drawing in him a 'magical' Homeland halo.

"
A more 'brainy' turn on Weird Science (John Hughes) for Saturday. 
----
====

Amlan Satan had prepared for a positive season of psychology writing and teaching on the campus of his idyllic/respected American Homeland university in the area of Penn excellence and wondered about his boyhood readings of Galatea.



DR. SATAN: "As you know, Galatea was the mythic woman carved in stone as 'statue' by her sculptor who 'dreamt' she'd come to life and believed she (indeed) had and composed his special form of psyche-obsession or 'self-delusion' but also perhaps a Romantic-love reflective of our modern capitalist-race focus/lens of lifestyle-driven 'object' enchantment...bordering on the potentially abnormal!"



Amlan Satan had become quite a respected American psychology writer/teacher with great theories on the 'quality' of post-9/11 era American Homeland 'patriotism-driven behaviors' re-presented in journals/media and his new/sudden/newfound 'turn' in this Penn area 'fascination' with Galatea-mythology gave some 'angst' to his peers/students who simply wondered if their beloved-brainiac had somehow become 'absorbed' into the social-media 'culture' of commerce-life and cyber-networks driven personality self-indulgences.



AMLAN SATAN: "I'd been playing some 'cool' video-games the other weekend with my nieces and enjoying some of the modern 'incantations' of more 'adventurous' princess-avatars and warrior-women and suddenly thought about the 'potential' that these walking-fitness 'queens of fantasy' in video-games/comics could somehow 'don' the mantle of the ancient mythology vision of Galatea herself, prompting any 'curious' student/psychologist/youngster to 'daydream' that (in fact) life could be a metaphysical manifestation of mental heat (wow)."



Well, friends, you've heard that old sage expression about how 'curiosity killed the proverbial cat' of intellectual indulgences, and that's what may've happened to Dr. Satan of the Penn-area who simply/inexplicably 'vanished' from the Earth's face after one night of 'research' involving his field-examination of video-game warrior-princess avatars in this modern age of games/toys/consumerism/capitalism. Some of his students have suggested (quietly!) that their beloved (albeit eccentric) 'nutty-professor' may've unwittingly brought one of his video-game avatars (Kitana/Elektra) to 'life' and then 'teleported' himself into the video-game universe from which she greeted him one very special dark and magical night (hmm).



DR. SATAN (Discovered Journal-Writing): "Galatea is no myth of the foolish or faint-hearted for it speaks to a 'need' to cast an image of perfect Romanticism or discovery of superstition in the form of beauty/optimism and perhaps our modern time of great 'over-stimulation' with TV and toys (consumerism!) imply there's a 'Galatea-specter' waiting-by-the-edge, prompting a 'nutty-professor' (like myself) to stumble upon some great 'Homeland' heat...maybe that's just what's happening to me (now), in which case, I just might 'teleport' myself into the 'mystery-dimension' of one of these mod cyber-avatar 'femmes' of great 'timeless' heroics!"



In his Penn-area office, detectives discovered a Peanuts-media chess-set/toy and this journal-writing note (noted earlier in this telling!) and wondered if the nutty professor had somehow stumbled upon some 'deep' treasure/relic secret prompting him to go 'underground' or perhaps on some archaeological secret journey to a foreign/mysterious land like Egypt or Morocco. Perhaps Amlan Satan was someone who simply needed superstition-psychology education to offer him a new 'form' of commerce-life curiosity driven...fantasy.



GIRLFRIEND: We'd go shopping (WalMart) together on Sundays; he started saying he thought I was Galatea; worried me; I commented on social-media (to my friend), "Amlan's becoming a prince of random photo-hyperbole."



Well, friends, his fans/students in the Penn-area decided to form a special cyber-games 'TV-club' devoted to the fascinating study how modern media-life/entertainment just might draw in the modern brain a rather 'fantastic' image of wrought fantasy or even...stranger hospitality!



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on March 25, 2023
Last Updated on March 25, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing