Track/Grade: Invasion {Boondocks}

Track/Grade: Invasion {Boondocks}

A Story by Abishai100
"

An eerie specter trekking the Wetlands (near-Miami) requires two vigilantes to secure a Homeland 'image' for docs.

"
A Florida 'misadventure' featuring that 'nasty' horror-avatar Creeper (Jeepers-Creepers). Happy Xmas! 
DISCLAIMER: This work of fiction offers no ties to the US-state of Florida and all images/references used herein therefore comprise a purely 'personal' expression of creative folklore (for 'open' impressions). 
----
====

AMLAN: We've found some nice ring(s) for vigilante-deeds in double-life now.
MARCUS: We're Miami-Beach par-excellence for consumerism-life image too.



Amlan, a cyber-homeschooling teacher, and Marcus, a surfing-teacher, both pals from Dartmouth and living (now) in the Miami-Beach area, had become night-time (secret!) vigilantes-for-hire and worked on varied cases in the Orange-State of 'incomplete-distances' to traffic/life confidence for post-9/11 era Homeland grid-strengthening for patriotism/relief and drew interest/eyes from the social-media culture of life-driven 'comforts' commentary (with some pretty 'dainty' bureaucracy-readings).



However, Amlan/Marcus now had to think deeply and hard about a new form of darkness in the Florida-state, as strange sightings by visitors to the Wetlands of an eerie 'specter' surfaced and required some serious attention by the more idealistic 'brand' of American-Homeland detective (Amlan/Marcus!). The sightings involved claims of witnessed passing 'visage' of a zombie-like man with hat-coat wielding a medieval axe of some kind and was given the name Creeper. Amlan/Marcus wondered if it was just a Wetlands-prankster in costume making some 'homegrown-terrorism' theater in the post-9/11 era Homeland of (American) fears of everyday-life paranoia (hmm).

AMLAN: Let's make a 'game' with this Creeper, should we cross-paths with him.
MARCUS: I like that one Friday the 13th film of a psychic-girl defying Jason.
AMLAN: I've got a spy-eye for a 'marbles' chess linking some Florida-gossip.
MARCUS: Dare the villain to some track-balance feat for media-gossip (ok).
AMLAN: Makes for 'art' in Miami-Beach thoroughfare sarcasm (no?).



So, one bright summer day of great breezes, the two pals decided to head to the Wetlands to reach there by moonlight (night) and post-camp and wait for signs of the Creeper after social-media comments in the Beach surfaced about 'dares' posed to the eerie specter involving special 'balance' for Earth-trek/track gossip, but we know (certainly!) these 'dares' were posted by our two protagonist hero-vigilantes (Amlan/Marcus) for (e.g., Facebook) dialogue.



CREEPER: You've brought plastic lids to be laid in Wetlands for a marble-walk?
AMLAN/MARCUS: We make a 'lid-sidewalk' in the swamp with marbles for ya!
CREEPER: I'm to claim I've the self-balance to make this balance 'trophy' hype?
AMLAN/MARCUS: Excellence, for media/hype, specter; this is the dare for all.
CREEPER: If I refuse this stupid/child-like wage for media-gossip and hearsay?
AMLAN/MARCUS: Well, it'd seem you'd evaded some 'citizen-challenge' for fun.
CREEPER: Damn, some social-media Homeland culture 'gimmick' for art(s).
AMLAN/MARCUS: What do you say, Creeper...given we found you tonight?
CREEPER: You did 'spot' me with your flare-guns, heroes; I shriek at gossip.
AMLAN/MARCUS: We keep your secret about your underworld presence (ok).
CREEPER: And if you prove your little 'marble-walk' balance-act is a challenge?
AMLAN/MARCUS: You self-exile, to the deep-ocean abyss, as a 'private' critic.
CREEPER: Resolution for 'contact' between Homeland trekkers (me/you).
AMLAN/MARCUS: Simple 'game' for photo-synthesis and shine for storytellers?
CREEPER: It's a super deal; but take-care to recount it's matter for intrigue!

The Creeper took the dare and tripped on the marbles on the large storage-container plastic-lid(s) 'sidewalk' walkway-path (or 'bridge') Amlan/Marcus laid out in sequence in the Wetlands swamp that night in Florida-summer as our two heroes took quick-shots (Polaroids) of the 'incident' for a posted cyber-storyboard about how 'citizenry-vigilante' challenge posed a defense for Homeland life in this time of great 'intrigue' and 'worry' on Earth (e.g., eco-pollution) and moved the Creeper to (quiet/private) self-exile (to the ocean-abyss) for a photo-graphics 'memoir' of what'd simply become an (American) image of simplified dirt (for determination).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on December 11, 2023
Last Updated on December 11, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing