Magnet-Man: Mt. Holly Element

Magnet-Man: Mt. Holly Element

A Story by Abishai100
"

An unusual Homeland 'superstition-myth' (loosely) drawing on a consciousness-concept of (inventive) pseudo-religious 'incomplete-distances' to an egoist (American) doorbell.

"
An offbeat residentialism vignette, set in NJ/USA. Happy Holidays! 
----
====

Amlan Satan called himself Magnet-Man. He had a super power really. Mr. Satan, a resident of the Homeland-Jersey area of Mt. Holly of 'incomplete-distances' to residence-based securities for social-media comments/storyboards about antiterrorism and criminal-insanity studies in a quaint suburbia, had this magical ability to (occasionally or randomly) move metal objects with extra-human abilities of magnetic-field manipulation. He'd stand on the sidewalk post-midnight/noon and (gently) unscrew metal-hubcaps of passerby-autos (cars!) driving past his residential are (Homeland). He then would adapt these magnetism-deeds into superstition-tales about Mt. Holly being haunted by the premonition of element-manipulation paranoia. His 'victims' would get to their final-destinations, in their autos (cars!) and take note of their metal-hubcaps come gently unscrewed and sometimes make comments on social media (e.g., Facebook).



INTERVIEW: As a superstition (cyber) writer, you claim no-knowledge of Magnet-Man?
SATAN (Amlan): I assure you, I'm not the Magnet-Man, but I find his deed fascinating!
INTERVIEW: This 'Magnet-Man' has posted his 'claim' about car-hubcap screwing (no?).
SATAN: We residents of Mt. Holly know of it; and I've adapted this 'image' into tales.
INTERVIEW: So, you're merely a super fan of this Magnet-Man stranger character.
SATAN: Surely; in deed, my greatest superstition-passion is Mt. Holly land-imaging.
INTERVIEW: Do you believe Magnet-Man is the Devil?
SATAN: Well, I've read his 'victim-testimonies' of car-hubcap screw missing paranoia.
INTERVIEW: A feather for Mt. Holly lifestyle/activity, no?
SATAN: I'm not Magnet-Man; just a Mt. Holly 'man' interested in photo-synthesis (ok).



Well, one day our protagonist prince-writer, Mr. Amlan Satan, decided to rent a cool mod-vintage white-auto and drive around Mt. Holly instead of waiting on the sidewalks of the suburbia with his usual (abnormal) post-midnight/noon magnetism-powers 'deed' of manipulating screws of passing-auto (cars!) metal hubcaps, seeing if his own performance would yield any 'tremor' of misfortune from his Earth-invisible power-magic and render his own hubcaps as coming screw missing. This was a bad idea for photo-graphics, but how'd Satan predict such an omen (for Mt. Holly)?



WAITRESS: What do you mean you 'think' you need a tow?
SATAN: My hubcaps...they're going to come off, I know it, lady!
WAITRESS: You're being paranoid, sir; are you inferencing that Mt. Holly devil?
SATAN: Oh, I'm not that Magnet-Man; I'm the writer (interviewed); I need a tow!
WAITRESS: You wander into my diner, make me think you're being romantic; at this?
SATAN: Look, I like you; I can't explain; I need help; my wheel-hubcap will come off.
WAITRESS: I think you've been haunted by the Devil, Mr. Satan (I'm so sorry).
SATAN: Call the tow-truck service(s), please (kind-lady); I'll post on Facebook (like).
WAITRESS: Alright, alright; gimme like 15 minutes, and let me talk with my boss, ok?
SATAN: Geez, thanx (for bureaucracy).



Amlan Satan, in a fit of pure frenzy, having come mentally/emotionally undone, inside the Mt. Holly diner where he'd originally intended to 'court' the lovely Homeland-Jersey girl (Esmerelda), had to confide in her and reveal his 'pure-paranoia' of his auto-hubcap come-undone, requiring absolute/immediate tow-truck miracle for escape from some 'haunting' curse of the Magnet-Man visage (seemingly!). He calmed himself down, got home, and bought a 'cool' sportsmanship-trophy item for Super Bowl superstition-writing, a Cali-QB treasure-card of 'incomplete-distances' to commerce/media-life vanities for American Homeland culture/happiness, trying to (forever) put behind him his 'prank' with magnetism-powers for American street-lore invention(s). Wow, what would Esmerelda think?



ESMERELDA (Waitress): You came back to me, writer.
SATAN ('Magnet-Man'): Thanx for your generosity for that 'case' prior, darling.
ESMERELDA: You were a very 'courtly' customer (originally), writer.
SATAN: Maybe I am (in deed) that Magnet-Man of Mt. Holly lore, Esmerelda.
ESMERELDA: Really?
SATAN: Well...I (really) was seeking courtship at your diner when I entered (really).
ESMERELDA: I know that!
SATAN: I freaked out, darling.
ESMERELDA: I know that too.
SATAN: Well, I'm to make amends.
ESMERELDA: What's this?
SATAN: You're going to be my 'heroine' in my new Magnet-Man story about the Devil.
ESMERELDA: What's this?
SATAN: "A waitress moves the Devil to show himself as the (actual) Magnet-Man."
ESMERELDA: She meets a prince (writer?) with holly-romance IQ, for evangelism.
SATAN: You said it, Esmerelda; a concept for transference of powers...into diet.
ESMERELDA: Escape from darkness (for class).
SATAN: Do this for me...and become my special 'angel' of Mt.-Holly defense (please).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on December 18, 2023
Last Updated on December 18, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing